The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Win the lottery. It’s too expensive. You’ll need at least a minimum £500 per month. Think about all the bills
Food, Water, Housing tax, Gas, Electric, Rent, Fun things, Luxerys, clothing, days out > all totals over 500 a month easily.
Reply 2
Original post by Boopawhoopdoop
What are my rights as a 15 year old, 16 In less than a month, in moving out? I want move out asap hopefully before I'm 16 as I dont feel its suitable for me to continue to live at my home. Where can I get guidance and what are my rights? Will I get any help? Is there anything in place to help me??

No.
What are my rights as a 15 year old, 16 In less than a month, in moving out? I want move out asap hopefully before I'm 16 as I dont feel its suitable for me to continue to live at my home. Where can I get guidance and what are my rights? Will I get any help? Is there anything in place to help me??

Possibly not the best time...
I know it's just I cant live here anymore my my life and my future isnt stable and I cant find anywhere to help me
I know it's just I cant live here anymore my my life and my future isnt stable and I cant find anywhere to help me

You female or male
Original post by IWMTom
No.

Helpful😂

Original post by Mapleservers
Win the lottery. It’s too expensive. You’ll need at least a minimum £500 per month. Think about all the bills
Food, Water, Housing tax, Gas, Electric, Rent, Fun things, Luxerys, clothing, days out > all totals over 500 a month easily.

Ik it's a lot but honestly I'm willing to work for it. I can not, absolutely refuse to live in my house for much longer. School was my safe happy place and without school I'm not waiting 6 months to go to college just to be out the house. My mum wont let me go anywhere because she works in the NHS I'm literally stuck
Reply 7
Helpful😂

Ik it's a lot but honestly I'm willing to work for it. I can not, absolutely refuse to live in my house for much longer. School was my safe happy place and without school I'm not waiting 6 months to go to college just to be out the house. My mum wont let me go anywhere because she works in the NHS I'm literally stuck

You can't work.

Sounds like your mum’s being responsible? You shouldn’t be going anywhere.
Original post by Mapleservers
You female or male

Female
Original post by ivybridges
Sounds like your mum’s being responsible? You shouldn’t be going anywhere.

That's not the issue. I'm okay with that. I just cannot stay at home this long in this environment.
Original post by IWMTom
You can't work.

Legally i can. I'm not at school and my GCSEs have been cancelled and I'm legally allowed to work
Female

Oh you’re female? Just ask any random guy you know and theyll all say yes for you to move in
Legally i can. I'm not at school and my GCSEs have been cancelled and I'm legally allowed to work

You have to be 16 to work & pay taxes
Reply 14

No, you can't. You are still not at school leaving age - the current COVID-19 situation is irrelevant.

At 15 you dont have rights to move and are still under the guardianship of your parents.
You have the right to move when you are 16.
You should contact social services as they are under a duty to help, but that may mean squaring things with your parents, unless you are in danger.
You can try and get on the benefits system but that will be a bit of a mare.
You should contact either shelter, your local young persons housing charity, social services or your councils housing department.

Unless you are in danger, then this moment is a uniquely terrible time to try and do this.

But what problems would moving out solve compared to the new problems that would come with not living at home?
I am making a massive assumption here, however if this relates to being quarenteened due to Covid-19 and the accompanying family conflict its not a good option. You will and can get through it. Don't worry everyone (to varying degrees are) going through a tough time atm due to this- It understandable.
In addition, it would attract a lot of concern off social services/ police. If you did move out without your parents permission you would be forced to return home.
If your parents wanted you out, social services would likely put you in the system. Not nice.

If there is any form of abuse/ neglect going on, ss may well assign you a social worker. Unless you are in grave danger there is alot of things that can be done to help keep you at home - although this will be limited by COVID-19.
(edited 4 years ago)

You aren't 16 and haven't officially left school ...

Not being funny, but you sound freakishly like me, its unreal, I turned 16 in april, and my mum works in the NHS, and I also want to leave my house for almost the exact same reasons, plus a bit of private stuff, but everyone I speak to just doesn't get it unless they're in the same situation as me loool
you seem to be talking to yourself?

Latest

Trending

Trending