The Student Room Group

Guys: Why some of you use "attraction scales" rating women?

Does it really impacts in the way you find them attractive and relation in the long run?
If so, what do numbers imply and what would be your criteria for a 1 to a 10?
Why is this a "guy" thing when plenty of women, (maybe even more so than men) do this?
More women rate men on attractiveness
Sucks when you’re ugly like me and you barley qualify for a 1 :frown:
Truth to be told more girls judge boys on how they look
So many people on this thread seem to believe that women are more into the ranking how attractive guys are with a 1-10 scale.
None of the women I know use numbers.
Rather prefer the SMA formula (snog, marry, avoid) or a variation that usually replaces 's' with ons/casual relationship.
Almost nobody uses the 1-10 rating scale at all, guys or girls. It's a terrible system.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
So many people on this thread seem to believe that women are more into the ranking how attractive guys are with a 1-10 scale.
None of the women I know use numbers.
Rather prefer the SMA formula (snog, marry, avoid) or a variation that usually replaces 's' with ons/casual relationship.

Most women in practice have a scale something like this:

Repulsed - You make her shudder/her skin crawl

Invisible - She simply does not see you as a viable option even when standing right in front of her

Semi Visible - She may notice you somewhat in a non platonic way if she happens to encounter you a lot, or spend a lot of time with you

Visible - She is acutely aware of your presence, and strongly finds you attractive
Irl I have never heard anyone use the rating scale. It's only really a lame online thing.
I would both men and women have some sort of attraction scale.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending