lepetitjuif
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I was supposed to go to uni next September and all but with the situation we are in, do you guys think going to uni is still going to happen? Do you think that things like freshers and **** are still going to happen? Just curious to hear y'all opinions. I' m quite optimistic but my mum really stresses me out by overexaggerating...
MartinisSkip
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly, it's very hard to tell at this point. The peak for the virus is supposed to be early summer, so it all depends on how it goes from there. Some unis could still take people, but do courses straight online. Some might get students to defer if the courses cannot be done, like courses that require fieldwork.

It's way too early to say about September. This situation won't really be sorted until a vaccine, but if more measures are gradually put in place, then eventually they will be gradually lifted with very minimal risk of the virus spreading. All you can do right now is whatever work you should be doing. I know it's natural to wonder what will happen, I do that a lot too! But I'm in my third year of uni, with no idea what's happening with exams or anything, but I know all I can do right now is my dissertation and other assignments. So, just try and keep focused right now, eventually the information will get to you.
lepetitjuif
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MartinisSkip)
Honestly, it's very hard to tell at this point. The peak for the virus is supposed to be early summer, so it all depends on how it goes from there. Some unis could still take people, but do courses straight online. Some might get students to defer if the courses cannot be done, like courses that require fieldwork.

It's way too early to say about September. This situation won't really be sorted until a vaccine, but if more measures are gradually put in place, then eventually they will be gradually lifted with very minimal risk of the virus spreading. All you can do right now is whatever work you should be doing. I know it's natural to wonder what will happen, I do that a lot too! But I'm in my third year of uni, with no idea what's happening with exams or anything, but I know all I can do right now is my dissertation and other assignments. So, just try and keep focused right now, eventually the information will get to you.
Right. Thank you for your response, pal !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (337)
34.64%
No (636)
65.36%

Watched Threads