Emailing teachers about problems when school has just been closed

Watch
Daisypiper2018
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hello I am just wondering if you lot think it is weird if I was to email a teacher, who I speak to quite a lot about my problems, about how I am feeling while school is closed. It’s hard because I don’t think they would know what to do and I feel awkward doing it any suggestions??
A-Conquer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I think itd be fine.
Staff are there to listen to you - so I'd say go ahead!
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Absolutely email your teachers. I have reached out to many of my students and am worried that the have not replied although I appreciate the novelty of not being at school is still strong.

We still have a safe guarding responsibility to our students even at home so go for it!
Daisypiper2018
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Absolutely email your teachers. I have reached out to many of my students and am worried that the have not replied although I appreciate the novelty of not being at school is still strong.

We still have a safe guarding responsibility to our students even at home so go for it!
Okay, thank you for your advice. I just feel like they will not know what to do if i just straight up emailed them like hey I'm having a nervous breakdown aha
username5223262
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Teachers have more training and experience in handling students who are struggling in all sorts of ways, include with their mental health, than most students suspect. If you speak to this teacher regularly about your problems and have a good rapport with them already, then they undoubtedly care about you and your wellbeing, and may in fact be thinking about how you are doing already. This is an unprecedented situation for everyone, but I am sure they would much rather hear from you than you suffer in alone.
Personally, I was very close with my art teacher in sixth form and she actively encouraged me (and others in similar boats) to contact her via email or even phone when i was struggling with my mental/physical health, even if she was not 100% equipped to help with everything (now i'm at uni we are instagram mutuals ) and many teachers feel and act similarly with their students.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Daisypiper2018)
Okay, thank you for your advice. I just feel like they will not know what to do if i just straight up emailed them like hey I'm having a nervous breakdown aha
Aren't they setting you work - they are still in school.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Email them knowing your email is not private and may be forwarded to the schools child protection team or beyond. Dont let this situation stop you getting the help you are entitled to!
Daisypiper2018
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Aren't they setting you work - they are still in school.
yeah i am being set work by them but they aren't at school; they work from home as well
Daisypiper2018
Rep:
?
(Original post by apaithy)
Teachers have more training and experience in handling students who are struggling in all sorts of ways, include with their mental health, than most students suspect. If you speak to this teacher regularly about your problems and have a good rapport with them already, then they undoubtedly care about you and your wellbeing, and may in fact be thinking about how you are doing already. This is an unprecedented situation for everyone, but I am sure they would much rather hear from you than you suffer in alone.
Personally, I was very close with my art teacher in sixth form and she actively encouraged me (and others in similar boats) to contact her via email or even phone when i was struggling with my mental/physical health, even if she was not 100% equipped to help with everything (now i'm at uni we are instagram mutuals ) and many teachers feel and act similarly with their students.
thank you so much. I will probably email him letting him know how I am doing but i just do not want to feel annoying or anything.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
yeah i am being set work by them but they aren't at school; they work from home as well
Aren't there some key workers children to support?
Daisypiper2018
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Aren't there some key workers children to support?
Yeh there are but thay doesn’t mean every teacher goes in it’s mostly some who volunteer and the office people
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yeh there are but thay doesn’t mean every teacher goes in it’s mostly some who volunteer and the office people
There should be senior staff in, the SENCo and anyone who is in the child protection team.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads