The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Further Pure Mathematics

im thinking of getting a tutor to teach me this and sitting the exams as a private candidate in June 2021 apparently the text book is rubbish and has loads of errors im just considering it at the moment i do plan to do Maths and further maths a levels so how do you revise for it if you do further pure maths i take IGCSE Maths spec A predicted a 9
Original post by liamlarner
im thinking of getting a tutor to teach me this and sitting the exams as a private candidate in June 2021 apparently the text book is rubbish and has loads of errors im just considering it at the moment i do plan to do Maths and further maths a levels so how do you revise for it if you do further pure maths i take IGCSE Maths spec A predicted a 9

Hi!
I do... or did IGCSE Edexcel Further Maths and was meant to take the exam this year. The text book isn't vrey good, but if you have a good teacher and do exam papers you should be fine. You can also check the Edexcel A-level textbook as that has some of the topics in it as well which are explained better.
Reply 2
Original post by _Mia101
Hi!
I do... or did IGCSE Edexcel Further Maths and was meant to take the exam this year. The text book isn't vrey good, but if you have a good teacher and do exam papers you should be fine. You can also check the Edexcel A-level textbook as that has some of the topics in it as well which are explained better.

which textbook do you use any of these thinking of purchasing one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-level-Mathematics-Textbook-Further/dp/129218339X/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=edexcel+a+level+maths+pure+maths&qid=1585061099&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-level-Mathematics-Textbook-Further/dp/1292183403/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=edexcel+a+level+maths+pure+maths&qid=1585061183&sr=8-6

I think the year 1 textbook would be more relevant, but make sure to compare it with the spec as they may not be the same. Also, if you want to look through the book before you buy it I believe there is a PDF version of it somewhere online if you search.
Reply 4
Original post by _Mia101
I think the year 1 textbook would be more relevant, but make sure to compare it with the spec as they may not be the same. Also, if you want to look through the book before you buy it I believe there is a PDF version of it somewhere online if you search.

ok thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest