The Student Room Group

18th Birthday in Lockdown

Anyone have any ideas how I could spend my 18th Birthday in Lockdown? Party had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 and I've got no way to celebrate my 18th. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Oh, no! I'm going to have the same problem, except I'll be turning 19. I think me and my family are just going to have a nice meal and watch the new Red Dwarf special together (all huge fans!).

Just have as nice a dinner as you can rustle up, watch a great film, play board/video games, spend time with whoever you live with, speak to all your friends on the phone. Sure you can make it work :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks, a nice meal at home with the family sounds nice to be fair!!
You can always postpone the celebration and at least you’ll never forget your 18th.
Reply 4
True, its going to be a very memorable one!!
Same! My 18th is in a couple of days...perfect timing 👍I was thinking order a takeaway (if they're still open!) and make some cocktails at home
I will spend my birthday in lockdown too, but it's not my 18th exactly :s-smilie:

Maybe have a quiet meal now, then a humungous splurge with your friends afterwards
Original post by Dolphins*
Anyone have any ideas how I could spend my 18th Birthday in Lockdown? Party had to be cancelled due to COVID-19 and I've got no way to celebrate my 18th. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!!! :smile:

Why not turn this whole thread into 18th birthday party ideas in lockdown? Many will be in your position.
Original post by Greywolftwo
Why not turn this whole thread into 18th birthday party ideas in lockdown? Many will be in your position.

PRSOM. What a great idea. Maybe we should just all have a party anyway.

Anyone want a virtual sausage roll?
It is my daughters 18th beginning of April. I came on here for ideas..... How about a virtual party? I'm not very teccie but isn't there a way of conferencing loads of phones together so you can all see one another and chat with your mates! Or play online games with one another? Or tiktoks? 🤷*♀️
Original post by AliWadham
It is my daughters 18th beginning of April. I came on here for ideas..... How about a virtual party? I'm not very teccie but isn't there a way of conferencing loads of phones together so you can all see one another and chat with your mates! Or play online games with one another? Or tiktoks? 🤷*♀️

You can use zoom. For zoom though a conference call can only last 40 minutes with more than 2 people if you don’t upgrade to pro.

Please don’t get them doing Tiktoks
(edited 3 years ago)
Zoom app is easy enough to use and you can do a combined family/friends card using Kudoboard.com - just send links to family and friends and they can add to it. From another Mom looking for ideas for my girls 18th 💗
Reply 12
Original post by Mimsy MN
Zoom app is easy enough to use and you can do a combined family/friends card using Kudoboard.com - just send links to family and friends and they can add to it. From another Mom looking for ideas for my girls 18th 💗

'Home spa'? Let her have some time undisturbed in the bathroom with nice toiletries, facemask (Not that! I mean the skincare kind!!), glass of something cold and fizzy on the side, and not Diet Coke as she'll be 18. Bit of pampering before dressing up to celebrate with family and virtual friends.
It's my 18th birthday on 23rd May and I was so excited for it before lockdown. I literally have no idea what to do on my birthday as I won't be able to see any of my friends or even go out.... definitely a birthday I will remember...

WATCH a movie together and eat food together
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
WATCH a movie together and eat food together

Thanks, good idea!
I had a bday in March and basically just had a zoom quiz with friends (though they’re kind of overdone now I know haha!!) and a meal / movie night with my family.

So for my 19th we went for a long hike had a fancy picnic lunch made by professionals (one of those fancy ones people buy to propose to people with) then in the evening we did a murder mystery party and my mum got all my friends to join and it was a big online party. You could also do this with escape rooms. If you don’t want to pay to do this you could ask someone to make a really fun quiz or play drinking games etc...

A lot of people I know who turned 18 this year were surprised by family who turned each room in the house into a different ‘bar’ and basically did a bar crawl in their own houses.
had my 18th on new years! lockdown birthdays kinda suck and will definitely make up for it later but this is what i did: i dressed up cute n did my makeup just to feel good about myself (a bit of self care is never bad!) and me and my family just had a chill day, made cocktails (legal!), ate cake, watched movies, ordered my fav takeaway, opened gifts and all of that. in the evening i facetimed my friends and we talked and played some multiplayer games you can play on your phone (like among us.)

happy birthday in advance 💖💖
(edited 3 years ago)
Get dressed and take cute pics!

Quick Reply

Latest