Do some teachers not respond to emails because they're hinting at you?

Watch
wav3rid3r
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I have an arrangement with my teacher at uni where I get tuition on the side every week (because I direly need it) and she asked me to email her to set the date/time, but when I did she didn't respond. Its been over 24 hours. Is it safe to say that the tutorial is off then? Why wouldn't she just email me back to say that we aren't meeting this week?
Mihaly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In the current situation is it even wise to meet up? Maybe the lack of reply is due to the current situation.

It sounds like a curious arrangement. Do you pay her?
ivybridges
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by wav3rid3r)
So I have an arrangement with my teacher at uni where I get tuition on the side every week (because I direly need it) and she asked me to email her to set the date/time, but when I did she didn't respond. Its been over 24 hours. Is it safe to say that the tutorial is off then? Why wouldn't she just email me back to say that we aren't meeting this week?
It’s only been a day or so - give them a hot minute given the current crisis, Jesus.
wav3rid3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mihaly)
In the current situation is it even wise to meet up? Maybe the lack of reply is due to the current situation.

It sounds like a curious arrangement. Do you pay her?
Yes, they're paid hourly sessions. I was going to suggest a Zoom lesson instead, but since there's no response I'm hesitant to send another.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I hate hints
wav3rid3r
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
I hate hints
Pffft, tell me about it man.
Mihaly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, they're paid hourly sessions. I was going to suggest a Zoom lesson instead, but since there's no response I'm hesitant to send another.
Is this same tutor you had the crush on lol
wav3rid3r
Rep:
?
Is this same tutor you had the crush on lol
Yes lmao. But I totally understand the crisis situation, so I don't even need to meet up f2f. I just need the lesson. I'm way behind as a back-to-uni-after-a-decade student.
Mihaly
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes lmao. But I totally understand the crisis situation, so I don't even need to meet up f2f. I just need the lesson. I'm way behind as a back-to-uni-after-a-decade student.
I think that's why you're overanalysing the lack of response lol.
wav3rid3r
Rep:
?
I think that's why you're overanalysing the lack of response lol.
You know what, you have a point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads