Nadim Chowdhury
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Basically I'm guessing schools will reopen after 4 weeks or 8 weeks. Not 100% sure but I'm guessing. So should I revise for my a levels or should I try to find work?
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
I'm only planning to work after the whole lockdown is finished
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...o-be-cancelled

So basically I can choose to do the exam if it's safe and I feel as though I've been under predicted. Also, there definitely no exams in May or June, even if it gets better (question 24). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I’m_triene
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...o-be-cancelled

So basically I can choose to do the exam if it's safe and I feel as though I've been under predicted. Also, there definitely no exams in May or June, even if it gets better (question 24). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The exams this year have been cancelled period. If you want to take them you have the option to do so at the start of the next academic year, but it has not been said when as the pandemic could still be prominent come September. I would highly doubt schools would reopen after 8 weeks; following universities, it would seem more like 16 weeks
Nadim Chowdhury
Rep:
?
(Original post by I’m_triene)
The exams this year have been cancelled period. If you want to take them you have the option to do so at the start of the next academic year, but it has not been said when as the pandemic could still be prominent come September. I would highly doubt schools would reopen after 8 weeks; following universities, it would seem more like 16 weeks
Maybe. Looks like it's an extra long indoor holiday! It's ok, I have the Xbox. To be honest I don't even know, so many different newspapers saying so many different things made me think schools reopening in 4 or 8 weeks.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nadim Chowdhury)
Maybe. Looks like it's an extra long indoor holiday! It's ok, I have the Xbox. To be honest I don't even know, so many different newspapers saying so many different things made me think schools reopening in 4 or 8 weeks.
Please, please, please DO NOT waste this time on the Xbox. This is genuinely the biggest holiday you will probably ever get in you’re life. Just think about that. Learn a new hobby, do some exercise, sure you’re stuck inside because of Coronavirus but there are so many things you could be doing with your time that will actually help you in the future. Playing Xbox might be fun, but if schools are going to be closed for 16 weeks you’re going to get bored. Imagine if you started learning the guitar, I’ve been playing for 9 years now, 16 weeks would be so much progress and you would actually be doing something you would be proud of. At least consider this
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Please, please, please DO NOT waste this time on the Xbox. This is genuinely the biggest holiday you will probably ever get in you’re life. Just think about that. Learn a new hobby, do some exercise, sure you’re stuck inside because of Coronavirus but there are so many things you could be doing with your time that will actually help you in the future. Playing Xbox might be fun, but if schools are going to be closed for 16 weeks you’re going to get bored. Imagine if you started learning the guitar, I’ve been playing for 9 years now, 16 weeks would be so much progress and you would actually be doing something you would be proud of. At least consider this
There is no problem with playing a bit of Xbox though surely.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
There is no problem with playing a bit of Xbox though surely.
Of course there isn’t, as long as it’s in moderation. I too have an Xbox that I love to play but there’s always that temptation to just play one more game. Before you know it you have wasted most of your time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (13)
72.22%
No (3)
16.67%
Not sure (2)
11.11%

Watched Threads