Did we / have we already contract unknowingly from December

Watch
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Since Dec I know loads of people had flu like symptoms with persistent dry cough for weeks
Wondering if we already have contracted the virus?
If so has herd immunity developed ?
What’s your thoughts
w10aneilson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm not too sure, but I wouldn't have said that the virus managed to travel to the UK, when it was said to have started in December. Having said that, I suppose it would be easy for it to travel, and there is the possibility that it started earlier than December (i.e. China cover-up possibilities), but I'm sure we would've heard about it earlier (since it causes death), if it had arrived in the UK, in December.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
So I’m thinking, if it was in China in December, people traveled from the uk and to China back and forth - surely they would have spread it and passed it on to the UK then?
I don’t understand how we only would have contracted it as soon as we had the information on it.

My brother had an awful cough, fever, shortness of breath and ended up in A&E in December
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m thinking, if it was in China in December, people traveled from the uk and to China back and forth - surely they would have spread it and passed it on to the UK then?
I don’t understand how we only would have contracted it as soon as we had the information on it.

My brother had an awful cough, fever, shortness of breath and ended up in A&E in December
It was given the name recently ,The strain of virus I meant .
How wd you explain that terrible respiratory involvement otherwise
I know people who were coughing and becoming incontinent
We did not test for anything specific hence we did not know a specific culprit pathogen
This cd be good news actually
Fingers crossed for an already developed herd immunity
I wd love to hear other people’s views
Last edited by Laboromniavincit; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads