Akki_3095
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi international applicant from India here. Applying for Masters in Aerospace in Sept 2020 intake. I currently have offers from Swansea University and University of Liverpool. Awaiting responses from University of Manchester, Cranfield university and QMUL. if I were to choose from the current option, can someone advise? P.S have been awarded student thrive bursary from Swansea University.
Student Roost - Swansea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Akki_3095)
Hi international applicant from India here. Applying for Masters in Aerospace in Sept 2020 intake. I currently have offers from Swansea University and University of Liverpool. Awaiting responses from University of Manchester, Cranfield university and QMUL. if I were to choose from the current option, can someone advise? P.S have been awarded student thrive bursary from Swansea University.
Hello

Good luck with your applications. Swansea University is a great Uni right on the sea front. The University itself is very good and close to the city centre. There are great links from the city centre to the beautiful scenery of the Gower or to the busy capital city of Cardiff.

Good luck with everything, Lowri
Cranfield University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey Akki_3095

Have you heard from Cranfield yet on your application?

I did actually study my Bachelor's at Swansea! I can confirm it really is right on the seafront, and the student bar is great

But on to Cranfield...
We're really unique in that our campus is an old RAF base, so we have our own airport! We have planes that we use as "flying classrooms", which means students get genuine hands on experience. We also have great links with industry, which means not only do you get the chance to work on some really interesting real world problems for your projects, but you can also make good contacts that will help with your employment.

If you want to know more about the Aerospace courses we offer there's plenty of posts on our blog written by current or past students:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/?s=MSc+Aerospace

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know? About the course or life here in general?

Katherine
Student Ambassador
Akki_3095
Rep:
?
Hi thanks for the information, and the Bay campus really looks great @Swansea what I'm more concerned is about connect with the industry and further post graduate opportunities once i finish my masters. Any input regarding these. P. S I have been working in aerospace industry for 2 years now almost.
Akki_3095
Rep:
?
Hi Katherine,
Unfortunately No i haven't heard from Cranfield yet. And i was really hoping for a positive response as 3 of my batchmate from bachelors are already studying in Cranfield.
Regards Akshay.
Cranfield University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Katherine,
Unfortunately No i haven't heard from Cranfield yet. And i was really hoping for a positive response as 3 of my batchmate from bachelors are already studying in Cranfield.
Regards Akshay.
Hi Akshay,

It's taking a lot longer for us to get our responses out at the moment because most of our staff have been furloughed as a result as coronavirus, meaning we have a lot less people working than we would usually.

If you want to chase it up, please contact admissions using the "Contact us" button in the admissions tab in eve.
Hopefully then somebody will get back to you

Katherine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads