is it bad if i dont even go to my online classes?

Watch
tonyhawk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So most of my classes arnt actually a videocall class just mainly a tutor emailing us and us giving them updates as we aware of all the assignments we have left to do for this year so its no problem, but one of my modules 0 which involves a two hour workshop - is all videocall and before going online this class gave me anxiety as none of my friends are in it and its a large class ( 31 people when there should be half of that in seminars!) so i really dont want to do the videocall webcam class cause its giving me anxiety... this class we only have three assignments left over the next month and they are very independent work so would i get into trouble if i didnt attend the classes like are they keeping a record of whos attending classes cause its not like everyone has access to a webcam and microphone anyway! and last week he did the class ( when the uni said no classes were suppose to be online) and only 8 people showed up.. i just dont want to get into trouble but its literally a waste of two hours when i could be doing assingments for the class and others??? have you guys been going to your online classes??
AnxietySunflower
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If its not helping you, then maybe you could do other work whilst in the course? that way you won't get told off whilst alos being productive
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tonyhawk)
So most of my classes arnt actually a videocall class just mainly a tutor emailing us and us giving them updates as we aware of all the assignments we have left to do for this year so its no problem, but one of my modules 0 which involves a two hour workshop - is all videocall and before going online this class gave me anxiety as none of my friends are in it and its a large class ( 31 people when there should be half of that in seminars!) so i really dont want to do the videocall webcam class cause its giving me anxiety... this class we only have three assignments left over the next month and they are very independent work so would i get into trouble if i didnt attend the classes like are they keeping a record of whos attending classes cause its not like everyone has access to a webcam and microphone anyway! and last week he did the class ( when the uni said no classes were suppose to be online) and only 8 people showed up.. i just dont want to get into trouble but its literally a waste of two hours when i could be doing assingments for the class and others??? have you guys been going to your online classes??
Hi tonyhawk

I think the best thing to do would be to check if attendance in the class is mandatory and if it affects your overall grade, if this is not the case then you should be fine not attending, and can use the time to do your assignments. If you did want to attend would switching off the webcam help? I have not had any compulsory online classes but have had online drop in sessions, and I found that a lot of students had switched of their webcam.

Zaira 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (339)
34.7%
No (638)
65.3%

Watched Threads