Carl Heymann 77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
With my GCSE exams having been cancelled, I find myself with a lot of time to think about what I'd like to study at my next stage of education.

The reasoning behind my choices is fairly simple, at the moment I'm thinking of picking English Literature (for which I'm predicted a 9), History (a predicted 7-8) and Spanish (I'm predicted a 9). I enjoy English literature as well as history due to their focus on extended writing pieces and analysis. I like writing and receive very good results for both these subjects and enjoy them, so I'm fairly sure I'll pick the two, especially since they compliment each other very well. Spanish on the other hand, is my 'safe' subject since I'm a native Spanish speaker due to my mother being Spanish and I speak it naturally on the daily.

However, due to the fact that I am confident with Spanish, I'm looking for a 4th option. I'd like a subject with includes debate and analysis, similar to history for instance.

I'm fairly sure about my choices but if somebody could give me some first-hand info on these subjects as well as ideas for a 4th subject to pick, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by Carl Heymann 77; 4 days ago
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm in year 12 and currently study History, Politics and Law. Since the corona virus led to the cancellation of schools and colleges, I decided to create these study with me videos. Equally, I will be putting out some subject guides and starting college advice soon. Check it out and it might help you to see the sort of work I do in the courses. I would recommend Politics for debate and it does go really well with History and English because it does posses a lot of analysis and current affairs. It has also become a lot more popular in recent years.

History, Politics and Law work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCDc...index=2&t=186s

Politcs work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7-...kanSXL&index=2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads