BlinkyBill's Three Week Lockdown Challenge

Watch
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
On Monday night when our mate BoJo sat at his desk and announced the nationwide lockdown, I was not a fan. BUT not long after that I was chatting with my boyf about how we're going to handle lockdown, and we came up with an idea - the Three Week Lockdown Challenge!

I'm trying to minimise my social media and news exposure at the moment, and although I love Netflix, just felt like I needed something more! BlinkyBill'sBoyf (henceforth, BBB ) has also just lost all his work in the film industry, so he's got plenty of time spare! We started talking about using the next three weeks to do the stuff we love, but rarely get time for. The things that help us to grow, learn and feel happy! So by the end of the three weeks, we have something to show for our time, and also have kept ourselves super occupied and positive while staying at home.

So I whipped out a notebook and this is what I wrote (names have been changed, lol). We even signed our names at the bottom and everything:

BlinkyBill and BBB's Three Week Challenge

BlinkyBill
  • Do yoga everyday
  • Do a morning workout 5 days a week
  • Learn 10 new Italian words a week (and use them in a sentence)
  • Do a sketch a week

BBB:
  • Record a 10-track album
  • Finish editing Harmion pt 2
  • Write one new novella
  • Build up to a 16km run

My TWLC Challenge buddy is:
My IRL boyf, BBB. But we're rolling with that digital life, as we're isolating separately. So we'll be doing a quick video call each night to see how we've gotten on with our respective challenges that day!

I chose my challenges as a mixture of stuff I already love and want to maintain, and things that will be a bit of a new adventure for me! I used to do yoga a lot, but have fallen out of the practice in the past year, so I'm keen to get back into it. I love working out at the gym, and am keen to continue my progress at home (I'll tell you guys all about my DIY weights soon!). I started learning Italian a little while ago, and do lessons once a week, so I'm keen to keep these up and grow my vocab! I am also quite shy about it, but I like sketching, and I'm trying to be more consistent with practising, so I want to challenge myself to keep going! :woo:

So I'll update you guys everyday about how I'm getting on!

Last edited by BlinkyBill; 1 week ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
x
:woohoo: Awesome stuff Blinky!
We got this :party:
can't wait to hear how it's all going, have a fab evening! :cube:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
:woohoo: Awesome stuff Blinky!
We got this :party:
can't wait to hear how it's all going, have a fab evening! :cube:
Guys, I'm actually super pumped about this. I'm going to be a master yogi, really hench, fluent in Italian and very artistically gifted - all in three weeks! :rofl:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Hey maaaaaates!

Okay so, I'm really starting on a positive level here. I'm extraordinarily excited about this blog. When I tell BBB what I've done, he's going to be like... 'you're so extra'. :rofl:

So! I might do my updates in two halves (I'll check back in tomorrow and tell you about my evening). Sorry if that's annoying!

Day 1 (Pt1)

This morning I got up at about 7am, went down to my living room and did lockdown workout numero uno! I've got to show you guys some photos soon, but basically, I made some DIY weights... out of rocks. Like literally.

The whole time I've lived in England I've been aghast at the pebbles on the beach - seriously... why? BUT FINALLY the pebbles have got my back. The other day, I went down to the beach, filled a bunch of bags with rocks, and turned them into weights! I have no idea how much any of them weigh. So now I have:
- Big heavy (my backpack)
- Heavy (a chockfull packing cube)
- 2 x little (two packing cubes with slightly less rocks)

This morning I did:
1min weight, 30 sec cardio, 1min weight

• Weight static squat (big heavy + heavy) / russian twists
  • Hip thrusts (big heavy + heavy) / bear crawl
  • Clean and press (big heavy + little) / push ups
  • Bulgarian split squat - back foot raised (big heavy + little) / burpees
  • Upright row (big heavy) / mountain climbers

It was swift and savage. My ideal.

I am planning on doing a live yoga session with our old friend She-Ra this evening, which I'm very excited about. And I haven't made a plan about Italian yet... Will let you know how that goes tomorrow.

Have lovely evenings everyone!

BB
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guys, I'm actually super pumped about this. I'm going to be a master yogi, really hench, fluent in Italian and very artistically gifted - all in three weeks! :rofl:
I look forward to seeing the new BB in due course send me the link to your Etsy shop when you inevitably start selling your amazing sketches :rofl:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
I look forward to seeing the new BB in due course send me the link to your Etsy shop when you inevitably start selling your amazing sketches :rofl:
Bahahaha will do!
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
  • Build up to a 16km run
Making the most of one exercise session a day :rofl:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A 16km run :headfire: BBB is craaaazy :laugh: but I mean if he’s only allowed out once a day for exercise then he may as well make the most of it!
Yay for yoga :woo: (have a great time with She-Ra tonight :rave:)
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got up at about 7am, went down to my living room and did lockdown workout numero uno!
So early! I can't remember the last time I saw 7am
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you need any art tips am always around to help pls sat hi to she rah for me :adore:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
(Original post by 8472)
Making the most of one exercise session a day :rofl:
Bahahaha I know right. Although he's discovered that every human in Brighton has taken up running, so he's going to have to try and find a quieter time of day to go!

(Original post by laurawatt)
A 16km run :headfire: BBB is craaaazy :laugh: but I mean if he’s only allowed out once a day for exercise then he may as well make the most of it!
Yay for yoga :woo: (have a great time with She-Ra tonight :rave:)
I know riiiiiight! He runs marathons sometimes, but he's been out of training, so he loves a good long run. Would you believe I was also running 16km not too long ago! Training for a half marathon!

Omg yoga was so good, but I had a hayfever attack! lol. I'll update you guys properly this arvo. :rofl:

So early! I can't remember the last time I saw 7am
Bahaha. This morning was even earlier! 6.40am! hehe. Normally I wake up at 6am, so this is a sleep in for me, since my commute to the gym has gotten significantly shorter! haha.

(Original post by CoolCavy)
If you need any art tips am always around to help pls sat hi to she rah for me :adore:
I willll! Omg amazing! I often think of your amazing drawings. Definitely at a very basic stage compared to you mate!
PilboBaggins
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go go go BlinkyBill can't wait to follow your updates!

I love the idea of using the pebbles as weights too.. I'm going to give that one a go
Protostar
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
nice goals! good luck :rave:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
(Original post by PilboBaggins)
Go go go BlinkyBill can't wait to follow your updates!

I love the idea of using the pebbles as weights too.. I'm going to give that one a go
Thanks mate! Ah yeah! One of my gym mates shared a tutorial on making DIY weights from a backpack and heavy stuff around your house. And then I suddenly thought of the pebbles from the beach! Absolutely perfect!

(Original post by Protostar)
nice goals! good luck :rave:
Thank yooooou! Going well so far! Fingers crossed I can keep it up!
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Day 1 (pt2) - Tuesday 24 March

So! Just FYI, I'm updating this bloggeroony toward the end of my workday, which is why I'm splitting my days in half. So last night when I finished work I popped outside for a walk in the sunshine, where I so happened to bump into my landlords (who I live with - I'm a lodger). We stopped and chatted AND THEN the police turned up and told us off! I mean, fair play to them. Even though we live together so it's technically allowed, they were like 'yeah, but, set a good example' and I was like... well. Yeah. So no more three-person chats guys.

Then I bought some groceries (the shops here are weirdly *more* stocked now?), had some dinner and then did my lovely yoga class with She-Ra! But I got out a blanket to use for the class which had been packed away for a while, then I had an enormous hayfever attack right in the most relaxing yoga lesson ever! Savage. Inhaling through my nose was not so easy after that. :rofl:

Day 2 (pt1) - Wednesday 25 March

This morning I got up and did a workout session with my crew of gym friends via Zoom. It was so much fun seeing everyone in their backyards and living rooms! We did a Grit workout (a Les Mills HIIT training programme), which was savage and great. Used my DIY weights. Loved it.

I haven't done any Italian or sketching yet. I'm thinking of doing a bulk study session on the weekend. My brain is so whacked after being really busy at work all day, I just don't have the energy at the moment. So gotta work that guy out.

And if you're hanging out for an update on BBB - he went for an 8km run yesterday, edited three chapters of his current book and laid down another track for his album (rough first crack).

So amazing hearing all your updates guys! I love getting to do this together! :heart:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Day 1 (pt2) - Tuesday 24 March

So! Just FYI, I'm updating this bloggeroony toward the end of my workday, which is why I'm splitting my days in half. So last night when I finished work I popped outside for a walk in the sunshine, where I so happened to bump into my landlords (who I live with - I'm a lodger). We stopped and chatted AND THEN the police turned up and told us off! I mean, fair play to them. Even though we live together so it's technically allowed, they were like 'yeah, but, set a good example' and I was like... well. Yeah. So no more three-person chats guys.

Then I bought some groceries (the shops here are weirdly *more* stocked now?), had some dinner and then did my lovely yoga class with She-Ra! But I got out a blanket to use for the class which had been packed away for a while, then I had an enormous hayfever attack right in the most relaxing yoga lesson ever! Savage. Inhaling through my nose was not so easy after that. :rofl:

Day 2 (pt1) - Wednesday 25 March

This morning I got up and did a workout session with my crew of gym friends via Zoom. It was so much fun seeing everyone in their backyards and living rooms! We did a Grit workout (a Les Mills HIIT training programme), which was savage and great. Used my DIY weights. Loved it.

I haven't done any Italian or sketching yet. I'm thinking of doing a bulk study session on the weekend. My brain is so whacked after being really busy at work all day, I just don't have the energy at the moment. So gotta work that guy out.

And if you're hanging out for an update on BBB - he went for an 8km run yesterday, edited three chapters of his current book and laid down another track for his album (rough first crack).

So amazing hearing all your updates guys! I love getting to do this together! :heart:
One day in and already being told off by police :rofl: great start haha. Sounds like a productive start to the lockdown, keep it up :woohoo:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
One day in and already being told off by police :rofl: great start haha. Sounds like a productive start to the lockdown, keep it up :woohoo:
Bahahahaha I know right. Absolute renegade. I did feel really guilty actually though. haha. I'm such a goodie goodie.

Thanks maaaate!
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Day 2 (pt2) Wednesday 25 March

Went for a little wander down to the beach after I finished work and watched the sunset with my barefeet in the sea! Was so refreshing and chilly! Then I came back, had some dinner and watched a bit of 'The Good Place' on Netflix. So good. Then I did my first day of Yoga With Adrienne, in her 'Home' 30 day challenge. I actually did find it quite hard! My body has forgotten how to do yoga a bit, and my mind was so busy! Hopefully these three weeks will help me to find my zen a bit.

Day 3 (pt1) Thursday 26 March

This morning I was super tired when I woke up, and realllly did want want to do a workout. But! It's in my challenge, so I got up and did one! Just did a slightly shorter arms and abs sesh. Then because I had a bit of spare time, I decided to call my family and we had a nice group video chat! We realised it's the first time we've spoken as a whole family since 2015 (before I moved to the UK and my brother moved to Asia), so that was very special! Then it's just been a pretty hectic workday since then!

I'm going to do a bit of yoga now because I have digital dinner with my cousin later. :woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (257)
60.9%
No (86)
20.38%
Not sure (79)
18.72%

Watched Threads