Rando16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hello, I just received an email from Aldi telling me I have reached the next stage of the recruitment process which is a video interview. The email says I also have to research information on Aldi as they will they ask questions on the business model and work culture.

Does anyone know what kinda questions they’re gonna ask me?
gonnafailexams
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
* Why do you want to work at ALDI?
* Where do you see yourself in five years? (they want to look for people to promote they like filling in manager jobs) so lie, don't say aldi is temporary
* What would you do if you saw an employee take a Snickers bar and eat it while working? "If I saw another employee take and eat a Snickers while working, I would immediately report the situation to a person in management so they could promptly and appropriately address the issue."
* Do you have any experience in building displays or cashiering?
* Do you have any questions for me? (people hardly ever ask question, so ask one they'll like that) "What would my main responsibilities be? How does ALDI strive for an exceptional customer service experience? What would you say makes an ideal employee?"

Hope this helps!! i've been searching for jobs since one of my parents have been put on unpaid leave and recently done a few interviews with supermarkets. all had these same kind of questions.
Last edited by gonnafailexams; 6 months ago
Rando16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you
(Original post by gonnafailexams)
* Why do you want to work at ALDI?
* Where do you see yourself in five years? (they want to look for people to promote they like filling in manager jobs) so lie, don't say aldi is temporary
* What would you do if you saw an employee take a Snickers bar and eat it while working? "If I saw another employee take and eat a Snickers while working, I would immediately report the situation to a person in management so they could promptly and appropriately address the issue."
* Do you have any experience in building displays or cashiering?
* Do you have any questions for me? (people hardly ever ask question, so ask one they'll like that) "What would my main responsibilities be? How does ALDI strive for an exceptional customer service experience? What would you say makes an ideal employee?"

Hope this helps!! i've been searching for jobs since one of my parents have been put on unpaid leave and recently done a few interviews with supermarkets. all had these same kind of questions.
Thank you so much, i’m going to practice over this questions and then hopefully do the interview today. This is my first time getting this far in an interview stage, prob because of whats going on though. Hope you’re successful in getting a job !
gonnafailexams
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Rando16)
Thank you

Thank you so much, i’m going to practice over this questions and then hopefully do the interview today. This is my first time getting this far in an interview stage, prob because of what's going on though. Hope you’re successful in getting a job !
Yeh same it's so hard to get far in them!
Hope you get the best results you want?
ellasimmons24
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello, I just received an email from Aldi telling me I have reached the next stage of the recruitment process which is a video interview. The email says I also have to research information on Aldi as they will they ask questions on the business model and work culture.

Hey! I was wondering how it went? I also have a video interview. Were the questions what you expected? Hope it went well x
Shish_bish
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ellasimmons24)
Hey! I was wondering how it went? I also have a video interview. Were the questions what you expected? Hope it went well x
Hi, I have mine as well, how did yours go?
gonnafailexams
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

How was it??
Crazycatlady9589
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi what were the questions like in the video interview? X
Shish_bish
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Crazycatlady9589)
Hi what were the questions like in the video interview? X
They are not hard.

I don't quite remember them but they were only five questions. But the first thing was to say your name and position you are applying for.
When you finish setting up your camera and everything, they will show each question prior to the video recording so that you prepare your answer.

The video recording is timed to 1minute which makes it hard because it's just 60sec to explain sth.

Just prepare normally like how you should prepare for an in-person interview but the annoying thing here is that you aren't given enough time and you can't really engage with a camera like how you would with a person.
Also look at the camera, not your screen, I guess YouTubers are good at video interviews/applications.
Interested10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, You say it's just 1 minute for the question but can you press a button or something to finish the question earlier if you only do say 30 seconds of talking for a question? Thanks!
Hermione23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Shish_bish)
Hi, I have mine as well, how did yours go?
Hi I have just had the same e-mail can you tell me the questions you got and how it was so I can prepare, this would be my first job and I really want (and need it) so cant afford to screw up
Hermione23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Hi I have just had the same e-mail, can you tell me the questions you got and how it was so I can prepare, this would be my first job and I really want (and need it) so cant afford to screw up. How did it go for you? Hope you got the job
Shellby1401
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone got any example questions they were asked. Just received my email and really dont want to mess it io
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads