The Student Room Group

Aldi Video Interview

Hello, I just received an email from Aldi telling me I have reached the next stage of the recruitment process which is a video interview. The email says I also have to research information on Aldi as they will they ask questions on the business model and work culture.

Does anyone know what kinda questions they’re gonna ask me?

Scroll to see replies

* Why do you want to work at ALDI?
* Where do you see yourself in five years? (they want to look for people to promote they like filling in manager jobs) so lie, don't say aldi is temporary
* What would you do if you saw an employee take a Snickers bar and eat it while working? "If I saw another employee take and eat a Snickers while working, I would immediately report the situation to a person in management so they could promptly and appropriately address the issue."
* Do you have any experience in building displays or cashiering?
* Do you have any questions for me? (people hardly ever ask question, so ask one they'll like that) "What would my main responsibilities be? How does ALDI strive for an exceptional customer service experience? What would you say makes an ideal employee?"

Hope this helps!! i've been searching for jobs since one of my parents have been put on unpaid leave and recently done a few interviews with supermarkets. all had these same kind of questions.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you
Original post by gonnafailexams
* Why do you want to work at ALDI?
* Where do you see yourself in five years? (they want to look for people to promote they like filling in manager jobs) so lie, don't say aldi is temporary
* What would you do if you saw an employee take a Snickers bar and eat it while working? "If I saw another employee take and eat a Snickers while working, I would immediately report the situation to a person in management so they could promptly and appropriately address the issue."
* Do you have any experience in building displays or cashiering?
* Do you have any questions for me? (people hardly ever ask question, so ask one they'll like that) "What would my main responsibilities be? How does ALDI strive for an exceptional customer service experience? What would you say makes an ideal employee?"

Hope this helps!! i've been searching for jobs since one of my parents have been put on unpaid leave and recently done a few interviews with supermarkets. all had these same kind of questions.

Thank you so much, i’m going to practice over this questions and then hopefully do the interview today. This is my first time getting this far in an interview stage, prob because of whats going on though. Hope you’re successful in getting a job !
Original post by Rando16
Thank you

Thank you so much, i’m going to practice over this questions and then hopefully do the interview today. This is my first time getting this far in an interview stage, prob because of what's going on though. Hope you’re successful in getting a job !

Yeh same it's so hard to get far in them!
Hope you get the best results you want?
Original post by Rando16
Hello, I just received an email from Aldi telling me I have reached the next stage of the recruitment process which is a video interview. The email says I also have to research information on Aldi as they will they ask questions on the business model and work culture.

Hey! I was wondering how it went? I also have a video interview. Were the questions what you expected? Hope it went well x
Original post by ellasimmons24
Hey! I was wondering how it went? I also have a video interview. Were the questions what you expected? Hope it went well x

Hi, I have mine as well, how did yours go?
Original post by Rando16

How was it??
Hi what were the questions like in the video interview? X
Original post by Crazycatlady9589
Hi what were the questions like in the video interview? X

They are not hard.

I don't quite remember them but they were only five questions. But the first thing was to say your name and position you are applying for.
When you finish setting up your camera and everything, they will show each question prior to the video recording so that you prepare your answer.

The video recording is timed to 1minute which makes it hard because it's just 60sec to explain sth.

Just prepare normally like how you should prepare for an in-person interview but the annoying thing here is that you aren't given enough time and you can't really engage with a camera like how you would with a person.
Also look at the camera, not your screen, I guess YouTubers are good at video interviews/applications.
Hey, You say it's just 1 minute for the question but can you press a button or something to finish the question earlier if you only do say 30 seconds of talking for a question? Thanks!
Original post by Shish_bish
Hi, I have mine as well, how did yours go?

Hi I have just had the same e-mail can you tell me the questions you got and how it was so I can prepare, this would be my first job and I really want (and need it) so cant afford to screw up
Original post by Rando16

Hi I have just had the same e-mail, can you tell me the questions you got and how it was so I can prepare, this would be my first job and I really want (and need it) so cant afford to screw up. How did it go for you? Hope you got the job :smile:
Anyone got any example questions they were asked. Just received my email and really dont want to mess it io
Reply 13
Hi I’ve just completed my video application and these were the questions asked:1. Name and preferred store.2. Skills that can be transferred from old job to the Aldi position.3. What interests you about working for Aldi?4. Provide a time where you have given an excellent customer service and why it was excellent.
Reply 14
Hi did you get an an offer to go to assessment centre? I’ve just done my video interview. I think it did okay but not amazing. Just wondering how much lenience there is on the video application if you have done well at other stages? It’s very impersonal. I found it’s harder then what I would of if it was a face to face interview
hey, i just got to this stage in the interview. im planning on doing it tomorrow. a few questions first.
is the minute time limit a minute per question or just a minute overall?
how does the video interview work exactly? i dont have a webcam so i was going to record it on my phone, then email it to them
Hi have you done the video interview yet im thinking of doing mine tmwr. what questions did you get and is every question 1 minute long or are some 30secs long. and how many question 5?
Reply 17
Did anyone actually pass this stage? How did they feel doing it? Because I feel like I’m struggling stringing sentences talking to a camera 😂
Completed this interview on Friday, got an email on Monday saying thank you and we’ll be in touch when we match you application with a role in your preferred branch. What does this mean?? Have I got the job?
Original post by Shak2020
Hi have you done the video interview yet im thinking of doing mine tmwr. what questions did you get and is every question 1 minute long or are some 30secs long. and how many question 5?

Hi how did u get on?

Quick Reply