Will coronavirus lockdown test relationships

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
...of two 17 year olds who have been going out for 8 months?

And other relationships in general?
Advertisement
AiidanSY
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you got skype?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AiidanSY)
you got skype?
Yup and FaceTime but we’ve been on it so much already for the past two days, I’m afraid it’ll get monotonous
Advertisement
Elektra06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Its really up to how well you cope and ensure you talk to each other.

I've been long distance for 3 years so while it upsets us me and my partner feel able to cope.

Messaging and calling often is good. we voice call and video call on whatsapp. Play games together ect

i can say its never gotten monotonous for me but if it does maybe switch up try a different app like skype or something?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Elektra06)

I've been long distance for 3 years so while it upsets us me and my partner feel able to cope.

Messaging and calling often is good. we voice call and video call on whatsapp. Play games together ect

i can say its never gotten monotonous for me but if it does maybe switch up try a different app like skype or something?
How old are u guys? And thanks too
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
yeah it does. my boyfriend has been ignoring my texts for a while now. shows me where i stand with him lol.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
yeah it does. my boyfriend has been ignoring my texts for a while now. shows me where i stand with him lol.
Sorry boo
Was this previous to the lockdown or since it’s started?
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Sorry boo
Was this previous to the lockdown or since it’s started?
it's alright we move
a little prior to lockdown. he ignored me since we left university where we saw each other every day and texted multiple times a day - it's been about 5 days now lmao. i understand people have lives though so i'm trying not to take it too personally but i feel like in times like this it's important to just know everyone's safe and sound and i can't do that if he keeps ignoring me.
i'm sure it's nothing to do with lockdown specifically, it's more to do with the individual's ability to communicate or whatever random circumstances theyre dealing with at the time. sometimes getting back to people isnt a priority especially when you're comfortable in the relationship you have with those people and trust them enough to know they don't depend their happiness on a text back/ call back from you. that's the ideal attitude to have about this sort of treatment but sometimes it's hard to always think like that lol
i'd say as long as you guys talk about it if one of you wants some distance it should be fine.
Joel746
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's alright we move
a little prior to lockdown. he ignored me since we left university where we saw each other every day and texted multiple times a day - it's been about 5 days now lmao. i understand people have lives though so i'm trying not to take it too personally but i feel like in times like this it's important to just know everyone's safe and sound and i can't do that if he keeps ignoring me.
i'm sure it's nothing to do with lockdown specifically, it's more to do with the individual's ability to communicate or whatever random circumstances theyre dealing with at the time. sometimes getting back to people isnt a priority especially when you're comfortable in the relationship you have with those people and trust them enough to know they don't depend their happiness on a text back/ call back from you. that's the ideal attitude to have about this sort of treatment but sometimes it's hard to always think like that lol
i'd say as long as you guys talk about it if one of you wants some distance it should be fine.
Honestly he could just be dealing with stress form the Coronavirus, it is possible but if not maybe it’s best to just let it go? It sounds to me that he’s either lost interest or he’s too busy to even acknowledge you (which is unlikely tbh).
I hope things work out for you

As for OP’s post, I can’t say if it would impact a relationship or not, just try to keep in touch as much as possible, but not too much because that’s when it becomes a bit stale. All the best
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
it's alright we move
Aw sorry about this. It might be the corona thing like another poster said.

How long were you together for? Was he always a bit like this or was he really good before?

The thing that scares me is guys are so into you at the start and then it can fade, it’s happened to a lot of my friends
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joel746)
Honestly he could just be dealing with stress form the Coronavirus, it is possible but if not maybe it’s best to just let it go? It sounds to me that he’s either lost interest or he’s too busy to even acknowledge you (which is unlikely tbh).
I hope things work out for you

As for OP’s post, I can’t say if it would impact a relationship or not, just try to keep in touch as much as possible, but not too much because that’s when it becomes a bit stale. All the best
yeah i guess he could. like i said im trying not to take it personal. and yeah i agree about staying in touch. space isnt always a bad thing as long as youre clear about it and let the person know instead of just leaving them wondering
Advertisement
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Aw sorry about this. It might be the corona thing like another poster said.

How long were you together for? Was he always a bit like this or was he really good before?

The thing that scares me is guys are so into you at the start and then it can fade, it’s happened to a lot of my friends
we've been together for a year and a half. he was never the best texter but he was good with texting me, i got at least one response a day lol. i got a good general idea of his response rate with me and for him this is kind of unusual i guess. and yeah i know, it's even worse when they have no remorse and feel like they can just ghost you out of nowhere so they don't have to deal with breaking up and witnessing the damage they caused. often this happens with some guys who get bored of a girl because they're only into their looks and then when they get to know them they get put off.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elektra06)

couples who survive long distance are cut out for each other honestly. much respect for that, i wish you two the best of luck
Advertisement
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
...of two 17 year olds who have been going out for 8 months?

And other relationships in general?
Yes, obviously.
Ferrograd
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
With all due respects, I'm more worried about how our National Health Service and food supply chains will be tested rather than a relationship
Anonymous #1
we've been together for a year and a half. he was never the best texter but he was good with texting me, i got at least one response a day lol. i got a good general idea of his response rate with me and for him this is kind of unusual i guess. and yeah i know, it's even worse when they have no remorse and feel like they can just ghost you out of nowhere so they don't have to deal with breaking up and witnessing the damage they caused. often this happens with some guys who get bored of a girl because they're only into their looks and then when they get to know them they get put off.
If he’s doing that so you’ll dump him, he’s a real coward.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Drewski)
Yes, obviously.
Sorry to pick your brain but how do you think it’ll test the relationships?
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ferrograd)
With all due respects, I'm more worried about how our National Health Service and food supply chains will be tested rather than a relationship
Of course that’s priority, that’s why we’re respecting the measures.
Anonymous #1
Hope you find someone better, you seem really nice x
Anonymous #1
couples who survive long distance are cut out for each other honestly. much respect for that, i wish you two the best of luck
Thank you, it remains to be seen as we’re both just turned 17 but we’ll try stay together through all this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (297)
34.18%
No (572)
65.82%

Watched Threads