mixy2525
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I am not sure about what to do right now for GCSE. Option A is start revising for A levels and option B is continue revising GCSE for resit in September. Which do u think is better and is there a chance that universities might prefer the resit result students over the predicted grade students? However, my predicted is good, all 7s and 8s in the last report after the mocks.
Cat.killeen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I’m the same! I’m predicted all 7’s and higher, my school have promised that no matter what, our official grades cannot be lower than our mock grades, which were also all 7’s and higher. So I’m kinda relaxed about my GCSE’s. The only two results I’m not happy only being at a 7 is Latin (weird I know) and Physics, so intend to only revise for those, because I’m confident with the rest, incase i want to resist just those two exams. Otherwise I think A-level work is so much more beneficial! I’ve started reading the A level English books and I think understanding the Specification for the a levels you are doing can really help you understand the sort of stuff you will be doing next year and therefore help you prepare for them. No matter what your a levels, don’t bother ‘revising’ for them, but read around them and understand the subject better. I wider understanding will look a lot better in Uni interviews etc.
But I get your dilemma! I hope I’m doing the right thing too x
katie012
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Is anyone still revising?
Most people in my school have given up on the GCSEs and started to focus on A levels. I would do the same but I'm scared that I might not get into my 6th form as I need a 7 in bio and chem. while in my mocks I've always gotten a 6 in the sciences oh and my school hasn't given us anything to do or any guidance. What should I do???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads