When do you think restrictions will be removed in the UK due to COVID-19?

Watch
Unkownspecie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
UK has now gone in lockdown with most shops closed except ones that are essential. When do you realistically think restrictions will be released and when will workers be able to work in their normal office environment? Thoughts ?
Tracey1995
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Unkownspecie)
UK has now gone in lockdown with most shops closed except ones that are essential. When do you realistically think restrictions will be released and when will workers be able to work in their normal office environment? Thoughts ?
At present all pubs / clubs / restaurants are closed for at least minimum of three months
Then currently from today shops that's non essential food ones are closed for minimum of three weeks but could be longer
So nobody really knows when we'll get back to normal life as its unpredictable at moment
Restrictions will be only lifted as and when things are safe enough for everyone to go out but we need everybody to adhere to those restrictions now so that we can hopefully see some improvement sooner rather than later like .
We be lucky if things get better say by August or September but earlier if we all adhere to what we are asked to do .
Jamie_1712
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
With a bit of luck 6 months I reckon. If everyone listens and abides (never ever going to happen) I reckon things could be back to normal in about 2 months. Worst case scenario is 2 years or until a vaccine is created.
Dann.It
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Whenever people decide to stop being selfish and actually abide by the rules set by the government. Only then, can the restrictions be re-evaluated, and lifted. With the way things are going, I'd say it'll be in place for at least 6 months.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I

(Original post by Dann.It)
Whenever people decide to stop being selfish and actually abide by the rules set by the government. Only then, can the restrictions be re-evaluated, and lifted. With the way things are going, I'd say it'll be in place for at least 6 months.
I think people need to understand WHY, the lockdown is in place.

They should watch this video. This guy explains it really well in Layman terms

MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Imo it depends how quickly everyone obeys the rules of the government. The quicker we listen as a nation, the quicker we get back to normal.
Ragman75
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Unkownspecie)
I think boris said 3 weeks, it seems like the UK is following a plan similar to the hammer and dance plan(https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56) but using computational modelling to asses which stage to transition. The issue is that I dont think the public understands that this sort of action is not a 1 off and in all likelyhood we will go into another one in 2+ months.
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ragman75)
I think boris said 3 weeks, it seems like the UK is following a plan similar to the hammer and dance plan(https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56) but using computational modelling to asses which stage to transition. The issue is that I dont think the public understands that this sort of action is not a 1 off and in all likelyhood we will go into another one in 2+ months.
He has said 13 weeks not 3 and then we will see where we are. He is following the medical advice and they are reviewing the comoputer modeling and data daily. Most of the public do understand its serious and we will be in this situation for some time with a vaccine being 12-18 months away.
Ragman75
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
He has said 13 weeks not 3 and then we will see where we are. He is following the medical advice and they are reviewing the comoputer modeling and data daily. Most of the public do understand its serious and we will be in this situation for some time with a vaccine being 12-18 months away.
no its 3 weeks, it could go on for 6 months but the initial lockdown was only stated to be 3 weeks "The ban, which will last for an initial 3 weeks from Tuesday, is "highly likely" to be extended until May or June, according to the Sun Newspaper, with police forces being told to prepare for a lockdown lasting up to six months, according to the Daily Telegraph." https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-3?r=US&IR=T
999tigger
Report 1 week ago
no its 3 weeks, it could go on for 6 months but the initial lockdown was only stated to be 3 weeks "The ban, which will last for an initial 3 weeks from Tuesday, is "highly likely" to be extended until May or June, according to the Sun Newspaper, with police forces being told to prepare for a lockdown lasting up to six months, according to the Daily Telegraph." https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-3?r=US&IR=T
Several news conferences and his overall plan plus backed up by what whitty says has been for 13 weeks is what their plans are aimed at and they are looking at things every day.
rehena12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I remember him saying the lock down will be 3 weeks but we should see the tide in 12 weeks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (84)
52.83%
No, they should still go ahead (31)
19.5%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (44)
27.67%

Watched Threads