Mkapil5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello Friends,I have been offered a place from above mentioned universities. I am a little bit confused about the selection. The main concern is of learning knowledge in the process and getting jobs after masters.Knowing your personal opinions and experience will greatly be appreciated.Thanks
Sarathy_SCM
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mkapil5)
Hello Friends,I have been offered a place from above mentioned universities. I am a little bit confused about the selection. The main concern is of learning knowledge in the process and getting jobs after masters.Knowing your personal opinions and experience will greatly be appreciated.Thanks
Find the cohort which is more diverse and opt for it.
Mkapil5
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarathy_SCM)
Find the cohort which is more diverse and opt for it.
How to find that? However I wanted to know w.r.t job opportunities and reputation...
Sarathy_SCM
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How to find that? However I wanted to know w.r.t job opportunities and reputation...
PM'ed you
Cranfield University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Mkapil5,

Congratulations on your offer!
There's lots of information on the course on the website:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/SOM/Mast...ain-Management
Last year's cohort was very diverse, with 87% of students coming from outside the EU, with a total of 28 different nationalities.

If you want to know more about the course from students who are on it there are loads of blog posts about it:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/catego...anagement/lscm
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/leader...reneurial-view

Employment after the course is very good, Cranfield is ranked second best in the UK for graduate employment outcomes, this is partly due to the excellent ties we have with industry. during your projects you will get to work on real world problems with real companies, which enables students to gain contacts and reputation within industry.

I hope all this information helps, if you would like to know anything specific, either about the course or life here in general, please ask

Katherine
Student Ambassador
Mkapil5
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hi Mkapil5,

Congratulations on your offer!
There's lots of information on the course on the website:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/SOM/Mast...ain-Management
Last year's cohort was very diverse, with 87% of students coming from outside the EU, with a total of 28 different nationalities.

If you want to know more about the course from students who are on it there are loads of blog posts about it:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/catego...anagement/lscm
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/leader...reneurial-view

Employment after the course is very good, Cranfield is ranked second best in the UK for graduate employment outcomes, this is partly due to the excellent ties we have with industry. during your projects you will get to work on real world problems with real companies, which enables students to gain contacts and reputation within industry.

I hope all this information helps, if you would like to know anything specific, either about the course or life here in general, please ask

Katherine
Student Ambassador
Thanks. Will you be able to tell me these if possible

) Can you please inform me of the teaching pattern for modules and exams?
2) How hard to do part-time odd jobs while studying? Is it difficult to get ?
Cranfield University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks. Will you be able to tell me these if possible

) Can you please inform me of the teaching pattern for modules and exams?
2) How hard to do part-time odd jobs while studying? Is it difficult to get ?
The teaching pattern and exam schedule varies by module, but generally each is a week full time (approx 9am - 5pm), some will have assignments to be submitted within a few weeks of the module, others will have exams during the exam period. The project tends to be much more relaxed, you can work to your own schedule as long as you get it all done! Although you'll still have regular meetings and of course for group projects you have to make sure you're all around to work together.

With regards to working, there are lots of opportunities for part time employment here, for example the CSA (Cranfield Student Association) employs students to work the café/bar and shop, there is also the CDMC (Cranfield Management Development Centre), a conference centre on campus, who employ students for service and catering, and campus services that employ lots of student cleaners. There are also separate businesses nearby that provide employment, such as shops, petrol stations, cafés etc. Although it's important to note that if you are an international student your visa may have restrictions on how many hours you can work.

Katherine
Mkapil5
Rep:
?
The teaching pattern and exam schedule varies by module, but generally each is a week full time (approx 9am - 5pm), some will have assignments to be submitted within a few weeks of the module, others will have exams during the exam period. The project tends to be much more relaxed, you can work to your own schedule as long as you get it all done! Although you'll still have regular meetings and of course for group projects you have to make sure you're all around to work together.

With regards to working, there are lots of opportunities for part time employment here, for example the CSA (Cranfield Student Association) employs students to work the café/bar and shop, there is also the CDMC (Cranfield Management Development Centre), a conference centre on campus, who employ students for service and catering, and campus services that employ lots of student cleaners. There are also separate businesses nearby that provide employment, such as shops, petrol stations, cafés etc. Although it's important to note that if you are an international student your visa may have restrictions on how many hours you can work.

Katherine
Thanks a lot.
Just last.. This pattern goes module by module? What is the average number of weeks per module?
Is this year's course still in picture, with all this pandemic?
Cranfield University
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks a lot.
Just last.. This pattern goes module by module? What is the average number of weeks per module?
Is this year's course still in picture, with all this pandemic?
Each module is a week of teaching, depending which elective modules you chose you may have some immediately after another, or you may have some time off in between.
There are ten compulsory modules and you will also take 4 modules of your choice, with the teaching period spread out over the first semester, so really you will be quite busy, often you will go straight from one week of teaching into another.

The pandemic certainly has shaken things up, not just here but all over the world. Currently the university is closed, with people working and studying from home, but admissions for the new academic year are currently going ahead as planned as this is quite a few months way so hopefully restrictions will be lifted by then. However because staff are working from home it's taking a little longer than usual for everything to happen, so emails, letters, etc aren't going out as quickly.

There's not a lot we can do at the moment except to just wait it out and hope for the best!

Katherine
Mkapil5
Rep:
?
Each module is a week of teaching, depending which elective modules you chose you may have some immediately after another, or you may have some time off in between.
There are ten compulsory modules and you will also take 4 modules of your choice, with the teaching period spread out over the first semester, so really you will be quite busy, often you will go straight from one week of teaching into another.

The pandemic certainly has shaken things up, not just here but all over the world. Currently the university is closed, with people working and studying from home, but admissions for the new academic year are currently going ahead as planned as this is quite a few months way so hopefully restrictions will be lifted by then. However because staff are working from home it's taking a little longer than usual for everything to happen, so emails, letters, etc aren't going out as quickly.

There's not a lot we can do at the moment except to just wait it out and hope for the best!

Katherine
Thanks for the information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (180)
44.33%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (45)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
7.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (86)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (40)
9.85%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.67%

Watched Threads