Nicolewise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MannBradshaw)
Thank you I’m really not sure to be honest I feel the nerves got the better of me! Did you have one?
Don’t worry, I’m sure you did fine! It’s always normal to feel nervous (would be weird if you didn’t!). What office are you applying to? Mine is on Thursday, I’m sorry I couldn’t be of any help to you before you had yours. I understand you probably won’t want to share details of the interview, but can I ask if it was mainly competency questions?
MannBradshaw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There was only one competency question on there from what I remember, it was mainly like why law and why this firm in particular, it was only around 4 questions and one was competency I think! I’ve applied for the Nottingham office but my application was for the vacation scheme so I don’t have much legal work experience which is why I think I’m at a disadvantage for the TC application.
Best of luck! It goes by super fast before you know it you’ve been on the phone 20 minutes!
(Original post by Nicolewise)
Don’t worry, I’m sure you did fine! It’s always normal to feel nervous (would be weird if you didn’t!). What office are you applying to? Mine is on Thursday, I’m sorry I couldn’t be of any help to you before you had yours. I understand you probably won’t want to share details of the interview, but can I ask if it was mainly competency questions?
Nicolewise
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MannBradshaw)
There was only one competency question on there from what I remember, it was mainly like why law and why this firm in particular, it was only around 4 questions and one was competency I think! I’ve applied for the Nottingham office but my application was for the vacation scheme so I don’t have much legal work experience which is why I think I’m at a disadvantage for the TC application.
Best of luck! It goes by super fast before you know it you’ve been on the phone 20 minutes!
Thank you so much for this, it's very insightful! I also applied for the vacation scheme (London office) so I am sure they'll take into consideration that applicants won't have much legal experience. Best of luck with your application!
llllll333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
for those who have completed an interview already I’m wondering if there’s time to ask questions at the end? 15 mins is quite short for an interview so is there still an opportunity to ask them something?
el1501
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by llllll333)
for those who have completed an interview already I’m wondering if there’s time to ask questions at the end? 15 mins is quite short for an interview so is there still an opportunity to ask them something?
They do ask if you have any questions at the end and are happy for you to contact them even after the interview if you have any further questions. Good luck on your interview!
llllll333
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by el1501)
They do ask if you have any questions at the end and are happy for you to contact them even after the interview if you have any further questions. Good luck on your interview!
Thank you! Hope yours went well too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (176)
24.72%
Better than expected (145)
20.37%
Worse than expected (391)
54.92%

Watched Threads