Feeling lost after gcse cancellations

Watch
DarkIndian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Always felt like GCSE's were meant to be my turning point but ever since they've now got cancelled and I did not do as well as I wanted in my mock, I feel like I don't really know where to go from here and was counting on getting good grades at GCSE to finally be satisfied, any advice?
Fatzschool
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DarkIndian)
Always felt like GCSE's were meant to be my turning point but ever since they've now got cancelled and I did not do as well as I wanted in my mock, I feel like I don't really know where to go from here and was counting on getting good grades at GCSE to finally be satisfied, any advice?
I think most people had felt like that. Many people in my school were really upset as they didn't try hard during the mocks as they thought it didn’t really matter. I was hoping to be sitting my GCSES as my mocks were really bad
DarkIndian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Fatzschool)
I think most people had felt like that. Many people in my school were really upset as they didn't try hard during the mocks as they thought it didn’t really matter. I was hoping to be sitting my GCSES as my mocks
are you thinking of doing September resits?
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
There will probably be a chance at some point to retake your GCSEs if you are not happy with the results the exam board decide for you. I can’t imagine how difficult this must be for you, you have my sympathy. But in all things there is a lesson, you should always put 100% effort into everything, even if it just a practise.
m0rb
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Same here man, I'm genuinely gutted. I guess all we can do is try to keep up with work being set to us online (although I don't see how we can be expected to be in the right mindset to work at this point), to achieve some sense of fulfillment when you finish the courses and perhaps prepare for any gcses you are sure you're going to have to take in september. This is a truly difficult time, my heart goes out to everyone

Nobody7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I relate to this man and I sympathise with you, if the resits are in September I wander how that is gonna work out in accordance with A Levels and stuff. It's weird how 1 week changed everything, couldn't say goodbye to anymore from school properly now I doubt I'll get into the sixth form.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by burnout7)
I relate to this man and I sympathise with you, if the resits are in September I wander how that is gonna work out in accordance with A Levels and stuff. It's weird how 1 week changed everything, couldn't say goodbye to anymore from school properly now I doubt I'll get into the sixth form.
Schools are in competition with lots of colleges now, I’m sure they will try their best to get you into their sixth form, nothing to worry about I know this because my school is very strict but there are people in my sixth form who literally don’t care about their future. They want good statistics, if you were a hard working student for them during GCSEs you’re pretty much guaranteed a spot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads