how much will GCSE's count for top universities 2020

Watch
DarkIndian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
After my mediocre mock results, I feel like my predicted results will not be good enough for a top university, as I achieved 6's and 7's in mocks when I would've liked 8's and 9's so now I'm in a dilemma on whether to resit the GCSEs the September or leave it as universities may potentially look down on resits. Any advice?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by DarkIndian)
After my mediocre mock results, I feel like my predicted results will not be good enough for a top university, as I achieved 6's and 7's in mocks when I would've liked 8's and 9's so now I'm in a dilemma on whether to resit the GCSEs the September or leave it as universities may potentially look down on resits. Any advice?
Hey there. I wouldn't stress too much about your mock GCSE results, they're still quite good (wish I was in your position when I was doing my GCSEs, ngl to you). To answer your question, universities don't solely look at your GCSE results when deciding whether to offer an applicant a place to read a particular subject at their institution. You can find details about the admissions criteria for any course at any university on their website. Hope this helps.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
GCSEs don't matter as much as you think and in most cases they don't care about resits either
Pharyngotympanic
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Top university for what?
DarkIndian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Pharyngotympanic)
Top university for what?
engineering hopefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (82)
62.12%
No (50)
37.88%

Watched Threads