Academicbee123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi!
I will be doing a natural sciences degree at Durham starting in September, which will include biology and psychology.
I hope to get my bsc and then become a college teacher. Do you think I will be able to go straight into college teaching and do you think both psychology and biology teaching would be an option?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Academicbee123)
Hi!
I will be doing a natural sciences degree at Durham starting in September, which will include biology and psychology.
I hope to get my bsc and then become a college teacher. Do you think I will be able to go straight into college teaching and do you think both psychology and biology teaching would be an option?
Hi there,

If you want to teach in further education you will be able to teach natural sciences and could teach other subjects if the college you go to work in deem your degree to have covered enough of that subject to be able to teach it. If you have A-levels or equivalent in either of those subjects that would help a lot.

You'd also need a teaching qualification, starting with something like the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, to learn the skills to teach in that kind of setting. Once you're in work you'd probably then be expected to move on to a Level 4 or Level 5 qualification to boost your skills while you're working. The FE Advice website has lots of useful information for people who want to teach in colleges and at that level, the link below should give you a bit of an outline of how to get into it.

http://www.feadvice.org.uk/i-want-wo...cher-fe-skills

Hope this helps - Mark
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (43)
60.56%
No (28)
39.44%

Watched Threads