DarkIndian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
After GCSE’s got cancelled (I was relying on them to tell me what subjects I perform better at) I’m v unsure of what a levels to pick now
My course ideas go from Law to engineering to med so I have no clue what to pick

I want to pick out of:
Maths, chemistry, biology, physics, further maths, economics, history

Any advice lmao
Pxris
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DarkIndian)
After GCSE’s got cancelled (I was relying on them to tell me what subjects I perform better at) I’m v unsure of what a levels to pick now
My course ideas go from Law to engineering to med so I have no clue what to pick

I want to pick out of:
Maths, chemistry, biology, physics, further maths, economics, history

Any advice lmao
Which would you consider to be your favourite subject? I can’t stress enough how important it is for you to be passionate about at least one of your A-Levels. And which degree out of the ones you mentioned piques your interest the most? Because the subjects that will best prepare you for a law degree (probably history, maths and chemistry) are very different to those that would best prepare you for medicine (chemistry, biology and maths), and again engineering (maths, physics and further maths/another science)... It depends how set you are on what you want to do later on - if you’re up in the air it’s best to go with what you enjoy and believe you can do well in (that’s what I did; I had no idea what I wanted to do at uni until I was halfway through Y12).
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
pick subjects you enjoy!! law, engineering and med are all very different paths- if there's one you're leaning towards more, you may want to pick subjects leaning towards that. even if you do end up changing your mind about what you wanna do, it's likely the subjects you pick will still keep many doors open :yep:
but the most important thing is definitely to pick subjects you like and have an interest in, as a-levels are difficult.
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you want to do law, then any a-level is fine and if you want to do a career, even if you dont do a law degree, you can still go into law with an engineering and medicine degree. For engineering, you do need maths and physics. For medicine, you need biology and chemistry (but look at newcastle and manchester because they are more lenient on subject combinations). I do agree with above and pick the subjects you are interested and will enjoy but I want to add you should do intestive research on what the course entails and what you need to see what's best for you. As entertainmyfaith mentions, A-levels are hard so you need to motivate yourself to learn and revise through its difficulty. If you dont like your Alevels then I doubt you will like the course it links to because if its a required subject, it will need that content for the degree so it will be content-heavy of that A-level
Lolimscrewedddd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be safe take maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (226)
33.68%
No (445)
66.32%

Watched Threads