Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
so basically i have an assignment due for friday that i will struggle to get in on time, my university policy is a 10% deduction every working day that it is late. but they don’t count weeks as working days. so i’m wondering if u get it in my saturday night whether i will avoid a deduction

thanks
Milan1055
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so basically i have an assignment due for friday that i will struggle to get in on time, my university policy is a 10% deduction every working day that it is late. but they don’t count weeks as working days. so i’m wondering if u get it in my saturday night whether i will avoid a deduction

thanks
It depends on your uni or lecturer. Late is late, so if I have to make a guess, I think you will be punished in some way.
In our uni the policy says, 10% deduction will be made if the assignments are uploaded within 7 days after the deadline, but if the result is 40%, deductions cannot be made. (+You'll only get 1% if you hand it in when the 7 days passed)
So it isn't that harsh as yours. Are you sure you haven't misunderstand the policy?

Anyway, I would suggest you to contact your course tutor and ask if you could apply for any extension due to coronavirus. We recieved an extra week for our deadlines, as our uni suspended the teaching for a few days before actually closing down and moving to distance learning. Have a try.
Last edited by Milan1055; 1 week ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

thanks
Do you mean they don't count weekends as working days? Your post isn't clear.

I'd double check this. I can't believe that you would face no penalty for handing work in up to two days late: i.e you could hand it in on Sunday night and this would still be within the 'working days' rule.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (337)
34.74%
No (633)
65.26%

Watched Threads