how to sleep with a uti :(

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
hi, i'm pretty sure i have a uti but obviously have not been able to go to the doctor's to get it checked out or get antibiotics as i have a cough and am self-isolating.

the constant urge to urinate but nothing comes out and the stomach pains are making it really hard to sleep, i'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how i can make myself more comfortable, it's such a pain
Unibum101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi,
I’ve recently just done a study on utis and the best way to treat them. The best thing you can do right now is drink as much water as possible, then if possible order d-mannose supplements for the future. I also suffer from really painful utis and to relieve my symptoms quickly, I drink loads of water and some paracetamol and sit on the loo weeing until I feel better. I know it’s painful but it will get better soon. D mannose has also been shown to improve symptoms of utis even better than antibiotics for recurrent urinary tract infections xx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Unibum101)
Hi,
I’ve recently just done a study on utis and the best way to treat them. The best thing you can do right now is drink as much water as possible, then if possible order d-mannose supplements for the future. I also suffer from really painful utis and to relieve my symptoms quickly, I drink loads of water and some paracetamol and sit on the loo weeing until I feel better. I know it’s painful but it will get better soon. D mannose has also been shown to improve symptoms of utis even better than antibiotics for recurrent urinary tract infections xx
Thank you so much xx
drinking lots of water definitely helps, just a nuisance to be going to the toilet so much at night haha!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi, i'm pretty sure i have a uti but obviously have not been able to go to the doctor's to get it checked out or get antibiotics as i have a cough and am self-isolating.

the constant urge to urinate but nothing comes out and the stomach pains are making it really hard to sleep, i'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how i can make myself more comfortable, it's such a pain
You really need to ring your GP for a telephone consultation. Don't just ignore it and hope it will go away or something
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You really need to ring your GP for a telephone consultation. Don't just ignore it and hope it will go away or something
You don't need to contact a GP for a simple UTI. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/urinar...fections-utis/
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago

doctors are now doing appointments over the phone, you must get this seen to soon!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
doctors are now doing appointments over the phone, you must get this seen to soon!
Thanks both - was planning on ringing if it didn't go away in a couple of days. Just wondering if I need a course of antibiotics how I'd go about picking these up, as I'm registered with my uni GP and that's five hours away
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You should definitely call your GP for advice. It’s better to sort it out sooner rather than later
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Thanks both - was planning on ringing if it didn't go away in a couple of days. Just wondering if I need a course of antibiotics how I'd go about picking these up, as I'm registered with my uni GP and that's five hours away
Your surgery might be able to either send you the prescription for you to collect it locally or you could arrange to have the medication dispensed at a surgery/pharmacy near to you if the pharmacist can validate the prescription.
Anonymous #1
Your surgery might be able to either send you the prescription for you to collect it locally or you could arrange to have the medication dispensed at a surgery/pharmacy near to you if the pharmacist can validate the prescription.
OK great - thanks so much
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
OK great - thanks so much
np I don't know if all surgeries do this, but I've certainly had my surgery write a script and then 'send it' to a local chemists to have it made up.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 days ago
hot water bottle or sit on a radiator
Anonymous #4
Report 4 days ago
In Scotland, you can get antibiotics for a UTI from a pharmacy without needing to see a GP for a prescription. Might be worth finding out if this is possible where you live as well. Another option is calling 111 after 6pm and they may be able to arrange for you to see an out of hours GP if you are not registered with one where you currently live.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads