Confidence loss and weight loss

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
This is going to be long I'm sorry. So I have been losing weight for about a 3 years now because I have a medical condition that is aided by being weightier. Well last year I got ill someone made me feel awful and that caused a lot of throwing up. I lost about 2-3 stone in 2 months. I am still losing weight because of that feeling ill. People tell me I look prettier now I'm not small don't get me wrong I'm still a size 16-18 but it's the lowest I can go without starving myself (i retain more fat the health condition!). I want to feel pretty again and more confident at least as much as I used to but now I'm struggling to love myself I just don't really anymore. My clothes don't fit and I feel tired and ashamed of how I lost the weight and when someone brings it up i feel ashamed and ill because of that person. Any tips on what to wear or how to feel more confident or better about how I lost the weight or myself in general is greatly appreciated. I'm sorry this is so long.
michele nana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is going to be long I'm sorry. So I have been losing weight for about a 3 years now because I have a medical condition that is aided by being weightier. Well last year I got ill someone made me feel awful and that caused a lot of throwing up. I lost about 2-3 stone in 2 months. I am still losing weight because of that feeling ill. People tell me I look prettier now I'm not small don't get me wrong I'm still a size 16-18 but it's the lowest I can go without starving myself (i retain more fat the health condition!). I want to feel pretty again and more confident at least as much as I used to but now I'm struggling to love myself I just don't really anymore. My clothes don't fit and I feel tired and ashamed of how I lost the weight and when someone brings it up i feel ashamed and ill because of that person. Any tips on what to wear or how to feel more confident or better about how I lost the weight or myself in general is greatly appreciated. I'm sorry this is so long.
Hey there.
Don't worry about it being too long.
To begin with, I'm sorry that someone caused you to feel any type of way, no one should have to through that. This may sound cliche but you should never let other people's opinions have an impact on your personal image of yourself. And boy is it not easy, I should know I've been there.
I will give you advice as best as I can, don't rely on my response. This is just my personal opinion.
So: You do not have to wear anything to make yourself feel better about yourself or for people to back off. Yes, ppl will ask question and that's what people do, but also remember that you are not obliged to answer any of their questions. You may have lost the weight because you were sick but that doesn't mean its shameful, I get it it may feel like you got the easy way out with the sickness but it was not sunshine and rainbows when you were sick. Don't feel ashamed about it.
Self-love comes with time, you will have to be patient with yourself, but you can give yourself compliments every morning when you wake up. It will be hard at first I am not going to sugar coat it, it was hard for me as well.
Take it one day at a time and as much as this next comment may cause you to roll your eyes, surround your self with a good support system, the people that are not good for you cut them out or let them know of how you d=feel giving them a chance to change if they don't then do not tolerate it.
You are beautiful, no matter what other people have to say about it. it may seem hard to believe now, but I do hope you get there.

I hope I helped.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by michele nana)
Hey there.
Don't worry about it being too long.
To begin with, I'm sorry that someone caused you to feel any type of way, no one should have to through that. This may sound cliche but you should never let other people's opinions have an impact on your personal image of yourself. And boy is it not easy, I should know I've been there.
I will give you advice as best as I can, don't rely on my response. This is just my personal opinion.
So: You do not have to wear anything to make yourself feel better about yourself or for people to back off. Yes, ppl will ask question and that's what people do, but also remember that you are not obliged to answer any of their questions. You may have lost the weight because you were sick but that doesn't mean its shameful, I get it it may feel like you got the easy way out with the sickness but it was not sunshine and rainbows when you were sick. Don't feel ashamed about it.
Self-love comes with time, you will have to be patient with yourself, but you can give yourself compliments every morning when you wake up. It will be hard at first I am not going to sugar coat it, it was hard for me as well.
Take it one day at a time and as much as this next comment may cause you to roll your eyes, surround your self with a good support system, the people that are not good for you cut them out or let them know of how you d=feel giving them a chance to change if they don't then do not tolerate it.
You are beautiful, no matter what other people have to say about it. it may seem hard to believe now, but I do hope you get there.

I hope I helped.
Thank you so much. You have really helped. I had to read this a few times I cried the first time. I will try to say what i like about myself every morning. Clothes wise I think I'm going to stick with my baggy stuff for now . I think I may have to think about my relationships a little and just figure out who cares. Thank you so so much for reading my post and answering <3
michele nana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much. You have really helped. I had to read this a few times I cried the first time. I will try to say what i like about myself every morning. Clothes wise I think I'm going to stick with my baggy stuff for now . I think I may have to think about my relationships a little and just figure out who cares. Thank you so so much for reading my post and answering <3
Don't even worry about it I'm happy that I was able to help.
Hey, I'm in the baggy clothes club too. (hoodies are the best).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads