ROC10
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I thought I'd start a thread to try to build up a picture of how accounting and professional services firms have dealt with the COVID-19 situation. As an offer-holder for a Top-10 firm, this is certainly something I'm interested in as I would hope that firms in the sector have their employees' health and wellbeing interests in mind during this time. It's generally quite easy to find information on the Big4 firms but outside of that, there doesn't seem to be much.

Has your firm allowed/encouraged/enforced remote working amid the current situation? If so, when did they start doing this and have you faced any stigma for expressing a desire to do so? If your firm has not adopted these measures, what reasons have they given for this? Do they intend to continue operating as normal indefinitely?

I understand if you don't want to mention the names of your employers but if you would be happy to do this (fairly anonymous forum after all), it would be great for myself and anyone else who may be wondering the same thing. After all, even if the situation improves over the summer, we may see a similar (although hopefully less panicked) situation next winter.
Last edited by ROC10; 1 week ago
Accounting123!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I work at a relatively small accounting firm. Prior to the government advice regarding working from home my work ensure everyone had the capability of working from home (we're on a cloud based system so have to have the hosted desktop link on home computer). Once the government advise that everyone should work from home where necessary then a rota was set up where one person from each department was in the office to deal with any queries and to take in client information.
Everyone has now been told they have to work from home however we can pop into the office to drop off completed files and to pick up new work. The receptionist also pops into the office i the afternoon to sort out post.
Anyone who has run out of work is encouraged to do online courses.
ReadingMum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I work for a large, global company. I have been a homeworker for 16 years but it was not the norm - they basically took me on from TUPE of a much smaller consultancy they bought so they had to honour my contract.
As of Monday all of our UK buildings are shut apart from the data centre (which has very restricted access), HQ and one other. Everyone is working from home unless they have been identified as being in a key role which cannot be performed from home for data security reasons. Most people have been working from home for a week now - whether they wanted to or not. Some, especially those with small children, are really hating it already. Employer has been ramping up the wellbeing comms, we have daily chats booked for our team that you can join if you want.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My auditors are working from home - not a major issue as you can cover most things through email and teams meetings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (231)
33.58%
No (457)
66.42%

Watched Threads