Watch
brrbdvveevgegeg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi I’m in a bit of a dilemma
I want To apply to medicine but I messed up with 2 of my as results E and a U
I dropped the grade U subject obviously and I was wondering if I were to apply to unis with my actual grades and not my predicted, will they overlook this ?- (I’m taking a gap year )
I know it sounds like a dumb idea but couldn’t apply without my AS grades or will they find out either way I’m been getting straight A’s in a2 , I didn’t take as seriously and now I’m worrying
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by brrbdvveevgegeg)
I dropped the grade U subject obviously and I was wondering if I were to apply to unis with my actual grades and not my predicted, will they overlook this ?- (I’m taking a gap year )
I know it sounds like a dumb idea but couldn’t apply without my AS grades or will they find out either way I’m been getting straight A’s in a2 , I didn’t take as seriously and now I’m worrying
Yes predicted grades is the way to go even if that means a gap year in which you get further experience etc.
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
If they are actually AS exams then you need to declare them. These are still used in Wales and I believe Northern Ireland. If they were just internal exams and this is mostly the case in England then they wont need to be declared. I am somewhat concerned that even with improvements that you are going to be achieving the grades necessary for Medicine usually AAA or higher.
brrbdvveevgegeg
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I had a lot of issues at home last year and I didn’t really revise as a result .when I got back to school I had to resit as my alps target are As , I resat and got an B in the E subject and ive been improving and getting as pretty consistently so my teachers a willing to predict me As also I’m from England , if I don’t put them on ucas then , can unis see it ? It’s stressing me out
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I had a lot of issues at home last year and I didn’t really revise as a result .when I got back to school I had to resit as my alps target are As , I resat and got an B in the E subject and ive been improving and getting as pretty consistently so my teachers a willing to predict me As also I’m from England , if I don’t put them on ucas then , can unis see it ? It’s stressing me out
You have to declare these results. If you don't, then the omission will be picked up immediately by UCAS and your application will be cancelled due to the fraud. Information like this is centralised onto databases, and it's essentially impossible to think that you could 'forget' to mention these grades and it not to be picked up.

It is in your own interests to be entirely honest when you apply to universities. As I say, if you don't the application will be cancelled. You will obviously need to have some sort of plan as to how to explain the terrible results, and hopefully a supportive reference who can testify to some actual evidence of significant progress towards a much better A level result. However, being honest, it's highly unlikely that you would receive an offer for medicine with achieved AS level results this bad, so you might want to think of a credible Plan B.
brrbdvveevgegeg
Rep:
?
Even if I were to resit the AS would I need to declare it
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Even if I were to resit the AS would I need to declare it
If it is an exam from the exam board yes. You have to declare all exam results pass or fail and whatever the grade. As has already been said previously to do otherwise would be fraudulent and you would lose any place you gained as a result.
brrbdvveevgegeg
Rep:
?
Okay i will do :/
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Can I suggest you check with your school whether these were actual AS exams as most schools in England have stopped sitting them. They are no longer attached to A levels like they used to be where they were 50% of the whole A level grade. Michal Gove changed this by moving to linear exams and most schools stopped using them due to cost considerations and the fact they weren't part of the overall A level grade anymore. Students and schools may still be referring to them as AS levels but in most schools they are not actual AS levels externally marked but internal exams that are marked in school and these do not need to be declared.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads