I am scared and sad about covid-19

Watch
Larsa8N9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
At first ( and this may sound stupid and you may judge me ) I thought it’s seriously overrated and the anxiety surrounding it is bull****. Of course I made sure I stayed careful and cautious, but I couldn’t help but think people and the media were over hyping it like we always see and you know, just freaking people out . But I now see how SERIOUS this is . I wish I didn’t think this less of it , nor people did . Seeing as the WHO reports , I feel so sad and awful for number of victims of this pandemic. I am scared now more than ever, and I am getting more anxious everyday . Sometimes I pray it never effects my family but then I feel awful to think that there are people just like me who didn’t want to die , and that happened . Ugh... someone please cheer me up . I feel more sad and worried for others than I ever would to my self.... I can’t help but cry ...
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Everything you’ve mentioned is perfectly normal. You aren’t responsible for anything, so you shouldn’t feel guilty about wanting to protect your family. Nobody knows how to feel and it’s a very confusing time. You should probably stop reading about the virus for now and distract yourself. Everything will be ok.
Usain_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don't worry too much. Stay at home and avoid parties. When the spread of the virus is blocked, the situation will be greatly improved. China has gone through such a difficult period. Now they have overcome the difficulties and almost succeeded in controlling the virus. You know, the situation in China at that time was much more serious than that in Britain, so do the right thing and wait for the virus to be slowly controlled.
Larsa8N9
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
Everything you’ve mentioned is perfectly normal. You aren’t responsible for anything, so you shouldn’t feel guilty about wanting to protect your family. Nobody knows how to feel and it’s a very confusing time. You should probably stop reading about the virus for now and distract yourself. Everything will be ok.
Thank you so much kind person for helping through this ❤️ you’re awesome 👏
Larsa8N9
Rep:
?
(Original post by Usain_)
Don't worry too much. Stay at home and avoid parties. When the spread of the virus is blocked, the situation will be greatly improved. China has gone through such a difficult period. Now they have overcome the difficulties and almost succeeded in controlling the virus. You know, the situation in China at that time was much more serious than that in Britain, so do the right thing and wait for the virus to be slowly controlled.
Thanks honey, you helped me calm down a little bit . I know it will end somebody, but right now it’s so ****ed up . I am sorry for the families and people who passed away, it breaks my heart....

There’s also a new virus called hantavirus and I am scared.... any ideas about that?
Usain_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Larsa8N9)
Thanks honey, you helped me calm down a little bit . I know it will end somebody, but right now it’s so ****ed up . I am sorry for the families and people who passed away, it breaks my heart....

There’s also a new virus called hantavirus and I am scared.... any ideas about that?
Don't worry. Hantavirus is different from the Covid-19. First, hantavirus only spreads directly between rodents and humans, and there is no human to human transmission. As long as you do not contact the infected mice, you will not be infected. Secondly, hantavirus has been found a long time ago, and there have been successful vaccines for hantavirus on the market. Compared with hantavirus, The Covid-19 is a newly emerging virus, and the human understanding of it is limited in a very short time, so this causes the spread of the new coronavirus in a large area of the world, fortunately, the death rate of the Covid-19 is not high. Just enjoy your time at home, which is a precious period of time to get along with yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (92)
27.46%
No (243)
72.54%

Watched Threads