DK :)
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone. I decided to make this thread to see the stats of the intl applicants to QUB, such as where ppl are applying from, early offer holders, ppl currently waiting, ppl accepted/ rejected etc.

I, as you might've seen from previous threads, am from Canada. I got 3 pre-interview rejections from UEA, Cardiff, and Aberdeen, and am anxiously waiting for a decision from QUB and I rly hope it's an offer however idk what will happen.

If you are an INTERNATIONAL student and have applied to QUB for medicine, plz participate in this thread. Thank you!
Last edited by DK :); 1 week ago
uskudar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DK :))
Hi everyone. I decided to make this thread to see the stats of the intl applicants to QUB, such as where ppl are applying from, early offer holders, ppl currently waiting, ppl accepted/ rejected etc.

I, as you might've seen from previous threads, am from Canada. I got 3 pre-interview rejections from UEA, Cardiff, and Aberdeen, and am anxiously waiting for a decision from QUB and I rly hope it's an offer however idk what will happen.

If you are an INTERNATIONAL student and have applied to QUB for medicine, plz participate in this thread. Thank you!
First of all, good luck! I am from Turkey. I got accepted to QUB Medicine. My stats are:

AP Physics 1: 4
AP Physics 2: 4
AP Physics C Mechanics: 5
AP Biology: 4
AP Calculus AB: 5
SAT: 1520
SAT Subject Physics: 750
SAT Subject Biology: 780
SAT Subject Math Level 2: 800
IELTS: 8
GPA: 93/100 (my school is a Council of International Schools (CIS) accredited school)

ECs: Clubs like Varsity soccer, English drama, student council, volunteering, shadowing experience at 2 hospitals

You might wonder why there are so many physics related things in my application. I also applied engineering to Canada and US. I got an offer from UBC, Ottawa, Western and Queens in Canada and UMichigan in US. I'm now considering whether to study eng in Canada as a premed vs med in UK.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by uskudar)
First of all, good luck! I am from Turkey. I got accepted to QUB Medicine. My stats are:

AP Physics 1: 4
AP Physics 2: 4
AP Physics C Mechanics: 5
AP Biology: 4
AP Calculus AB: 5
SAT: 1520
SAT Subject Physics: 750
SAT Subject Biology: 780
SAT Subject Math Level 2: 800
IELTS: 8
GPA: 93/100 (my school is a Council of International Schools (CIS) accredited school)

ECs: Clubs like Varsity soccer, English drama, student council, volunteering, shadowing experience at 2 hospitals

You might wonder why there are so many physics related things in my application. I also applied engineering to Canada and US. I got an offer from UBC, Ottawa, Western and Queens in Canada and UMichigan in US. I'm now considering whether to study eng in Canada as a premed vs med in UK.
woahhhh i dont rly know what those SAT scores mean lol but those AP scores are UNBELIEVABLE. Also congrats on ur achievement!! To be very honest with you I wish that u decline ur QUB offer and accept any of those unis in Canada as they are all REALLY highly ranked and have great campuses and are just great unis overall. In fact I have applied to UBC, Queens, and Western aswell. Im not just saying these things just so i have a better chance at getting into QUB (however i RLY want to get an offer lol!), and honestly it's totally ur call. You have worked so hard and I wish you pick the uni after some research looking at the pros and cons of each. Also thanks for being the first one in this thread!
uskudar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by DK :))
woahhhh i dont rly know what those SAT scores mean lol but those AP scores are UNBELIEVABLE. Also congrats on ur achievement!! To be very honest with you I wish that u decline ur QUB offer and accept any of those unis in Canada as they are all REALLY highly ranked and have great campuses and are just great unis overall. In fact I have applied to UBC, Queens, and Western aswell. Im not just saying these things just so i have a better chance at getting into QUB (however i RLY want to get an offer lol!), and honestly it's totally ur call. You have worked so hard and I wish you pick the uni after some research looking at the pros and cons of each. Also thanks for being the first one in this thread!
Thank you! I'm now weighing my options. Also, although off topic, why haven't you applied to Ottawa? Is it not as highly regarded as the others? It would be good to hear from a "Canadian."
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by uskudar)
Thank you! I'm now weighing my options. Also, although off topic, why haven't you applied to Ottawa? Is it not as highly regarded as the others? It would be good to hear from a "Canadian."
lol it is highly ranked but none of my friends applied there so i didn't rly pay much attention to it lol. Also plz let me know what u decide!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (68)
48.57%
No, they should still go ahead (31)
22.14%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (41)
29.29%

Watched Threads