Is durham actually boring or do people go clubbing etc?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Adress the rumours pls
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Uni is what you make of it ☺️ Durham can be really fun, there are really great clubs & bars, but also soooo many societies and clubs to have fun at.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Academicbee123)
Uni is what you make of it ☺️ Durham can be really fun, there are really great clubs & bars, but also soooo many societies and clubs to have fun at.
Thank you so much! Do you know much about Durham nightlife I’m scared I won’t be surrounded my like minded people who would be willing to go to Newcastle etc
Izx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much! Do you know much about Durham nightlife I’m scared I won’t be surrounded my like minded people who would be willing to go to Newcastle etc
Dw mate, i'll hop on a mad night out with you. Offered a place for psychology at Durham st marys. Dunno whether to take that, Leeds or Nottingham thou cuz a bit worried all the posh school people just won't get my much more cool state school vibes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Izx)
Dw mate, i'll hop on a mad night out with you. Offered a place for psychology at Durham st marys. Dunno whether to take that, Leeds or Nottingham thou cuz a bit worried all the posh school people just won't get my much more cool state school vibes.
Hey thanks and collingwood here, I’m definitely more open to firming because of these threads now- I’ve seen a few from people at Collingwood and Durham in general! Love a good night out! I think with the state school vibes you’ll find people as I’ve done with the going out thing- I’m torn between Mancs and Durham myself but think I’ll firm Durham
gilliewolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Izx)
dw I go to a ‘posh school’ and the majority of us aren’t snobby or anything. There will be a few **nts but most of us are just normal
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gilliewolf)
dw I go to a ‘posh school’ and the majority of us aren’t snobby or anything. There will be a few **nts but most of us are just normal
Same here- everyone where I go is normal too- I thought the same as I moved from a state to a more ‘posh’ school for sixth form
Izx
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by gilliewolf)
When i get bullied for not owning a horse I'll be sure to come to you for social backup XD
gilliewolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Izx)
When i get bullied for not owning a horse I'll be sure to come to you for social backup XD
you don’t own a horse? 🥴
Litstudent2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Am thinking along the same lines r.e clubbing/nightlife- am scared Durham will be boring?
Jodie988
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This is exactly what I’m panicking about ! Doing English literature in south college and I just want to go out to Newcastle and have fun clubbing, that’s made me feel much better🤣
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There are no seals in the River Wear to my knowledge to club or harm in any way.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Durham nightlife is non existent.I visited my friend there last year and decided to firm Bristol.Life is just too short😩
Izx
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Durham nightlife is non existent.I visited my friend there last year and decided to firm Bristol.Life is just too short😩
Up Bristol where i'm from. Thing is Bris is actually such a highly regarded uni whereas the other 2 options for me are nott and leeds but theyre mid level russel groups tbh. Bris is high. I wanna go to Durham but the nightlife does have me questioning myself
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Izx)
Up Bristol where i'm from. Thing is Bris is actually such a highly regarded uni whereas the other 2 options for me are nott and leeds but theyre mid level russel groups tbh. Bris is high. I wanna go to Durham but the nightlife does have me questioning myself
That’s like me with nightlife At Durham but Newcastle isn’t far ajd im sure I’ll find like minded people
keren105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Izx)
Hi, just wondering if you firmed Durham? I’m in the same predicament as you.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Adress the rumours pls
I myself don't go to Durham but one of my best friends does. The nightlife is very apparent and that's because Durham is a student town, when the students aren't there it has a different atmosphere. Durham is home to Klute, which is branded as the worst nightclub in Europe but a lot of people go there. They have Players, Osbornes (LGBTQ+ Friendly) and those seem like the top 3 for Durham Students.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
I myself don't go to Durham but one of my best friends does. The nightlife is very apparent and that's because Durham is a student town, when the students aren't there it has a different atmosphere. Durham is home to Klute, which is branded as the worst nightclub in Europe but a lot of people go there. They have Players, Osbornes (LGBTQ+ Friendly) and those seem like the top 3 for Durham Students.
There's also Lloyds (also LGBTQ+ Friendly) and Jimmy's
Toscana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I guess me and all the other people who don’t go clubbing are boring lol
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Toscana)
I guess me and all the other people who don’t go clubbing are boring lol
I’m going to Durham and I don’t like clubbing! Welcome to the ‘boring’ club lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (74)
40.22%
Take autumn exams (61)
33.15%
Look for a job (5)
2.72%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.26%
Take a year out (26)
14.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
6.52%

Watched Threads