Can I use Gedarel 20/150?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m a new patient at my doctors surgery and had a phone appointment for my pill check last week. I said I was on Gedarel and that everything was fine and I just needed a new prescription. I picked it up at the pharmacy that afternoon but it was Gedarel 20/150 rather than Gedarel 30/150, which is what I’ve been taking for over a year now. I probably should have been more exact with what pill I was on.

I’ve read that the Gedarel 20/150 just means there is a lower dosage of oestrogen, but the effectiveness is the same. Will I be okay to be take this version of Gedarel or will it make a difference to my body/side effects? Should I go back to the pharmacy with my old box and explain that I’ve always been on Gedarel 30/150?

Thanks in advance for your help!
originalbiscotti
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe just ring or visit the pharmacy and ask? they'd have a better idea, it might not make a difference, but it might, atleast theyd be able to sort it if they made a mistake with the prescription
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It wont have an effect on how well it works. That's the same, it just have a lower dose of oestrogen, useful for ladies who are sensitive to oestrogen. Continue it as normal. If it bothers you so much not to be on the same, request 30/150 next time. The prescription should match what you were given by pharmacy.
But dont worry about effectiveness, that's the same.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads