Prince Charles has the Coronavirus

Watch
Nuttyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Charles being tested is triggering people? Lmao, he's the future King and people think his worth and power will make him wait for a test?

Charles dying from Corona will have a more profound societal impact than Steve with his weekly appointment at the Pub, hence given the priority. Not mentioning the money and power he has, which inevitably plays a part.
Advertisement
NonIndigenous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
People need to grow up and come to terms with that if our heads of state die of the virus, we'll likely be fked far worse than we already are.

Of course they should be tested and treated, or would people rather risk the system going into meltdown, say because our entire house of commons got the virus?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by NonIndigenous)
People need to grow up and come to terms with that if our heads of state die of the virus, we'll likely be fked far worse than we already are.

Of course they should be tested and treated, or would people rather risk the system going into meltdown, say because our entire house of commons got the virus?
Charles isn't a head of state.
Advertisement
Joel746
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)
Charles being tested is triggering people? Lmao, he's the future King and people think his worth and power will make him wait for a test?

Charles dying from Corona will have a more profound societal impact than Steve with his weekly appointment at the Pub, hence given the priority. Not mentioning the money and power he has, which inevitably plays a part.
But what about when Steve from the pub who works for the NHS saving lives is refused a test for Coronavirus? It’s not fair that people who are actually at great risk who are helping to run our society are being refused for tests.
(Original post by NonIndigenous)

As someone else said, Charles isn’t the head of state. The monarchy has very little influence over Parliament now, they are mainly just a cultural asset really.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Name:  Screenshot_20200325-112328_Twitter.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  105.5 KB
Advertisement
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Name:  Screenshot_20200325-112328_Twitter.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  105.5 KB
Surely nothing can stop Orangemen from marching? :confused:
999tigger
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
There isn't any private testing currently.
You can buy private tes kits via Harley street and other sources. how do you think half of the celebs manage it so fast?
Advertisement
savemeplease
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
1) It says he was tested because he met criteria in Aberdeen
2) However, he travelled to Scotland once the rest of the nation was told to stay at home
3) He has MILD symptoms, do what the rest of the public are doing and self-isolating for seven days. We have NHS workers who can't get tested but the rich and famous can??
agreed. i'm totally against the idea of a monarchy and so is twitter.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by savemeplease)
I'm on Twitter, and I'm not against the idea of a monarchy. I like them, actually.
Advertisement
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Good to know. Agreed that Twitter is a single brain with one opinion.
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
lmao because Twitter is such a good measure of public opinion, as many people found out in the General Election...

Advertisement
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Joel746)
As someone else said, Charles isn’t the head of state. The monarchy has very little influence over Parliament now, they are mainly just a cultural asset really.

Because there are thousands of Steves and one Prince Charles? As I said, if Steve dies, hell be a number added to the list of deaths, if Prince Charles dies, it will have a drastic impact on this country and its history/future.

I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just pointing out how it is. Stop whining and deal with it lool.
Joel746
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)
Because there are thousands of Steves and one Prince Charles? As I said, if Steve dies, hell be a number added to the list of deaths, if Prince Charles dies, it will have a drastic impact on this country and its history/future.

I'm not saying it's fair, I'm just pointing out how it is. Stop whining and deal with it lool.
I’m not whining. Prince Charles might be heir to the throne but I doubt he will even accept it because he will be too old. I have family who are risking their lives to help people yet they aren’t going to be tested, it doesn’t make any sense imo.
Advertisement
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I’m not whining. Prince Charles might be heir to the throne but I doubt he will even accept it because he will be too old. I have family who are risking their lives to help people yet they aren’t going to be tested, it doesn’t make any sense imo.

Likewise. But it makes perfect sense to me. It's not fair, but it makes sense lol
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I see what you’re saying, but surely testing people in the sectors I mentioned above is just as, if not more, important. Lots of workplaces are understaffed as people have symptoms for what might not even be the Coronavirus. If we start doing tests on these people, maybe we can combat it better by sending more staff back to work. Besides, I love the monarchy and all, but it’s not like they have a critical role in the country. We should be putting our focus to the people working really hard to try and stop the virus.
And if you want to stop the virus, you can test someone with symptoms who has travelled a lot and met with dozens of people before becoming ill, so you could let those other people know and take action. You know, like testing Prince Charles....
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
We should be testing more, not picking on those who have been tested. Our incompetent Prime Minister should face manslaughter charges should anyone die who would have been saved by testing.
z-hog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Definitely not the sort of Coronation he's spent his life waiting for. Best I could come up with in 30 seconds, we all wish him well.
Advertisement
Pinkisk
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
On one hand the government says that they can't test everyone due to a shortage in the availability of test kits. Only those with sever symptoms will be tested. On the other hand, today, they announced that Prince Charles only had mild symptoms. I think, it's obvious that he's jumped the queue. How much this is due to illegitimate bias in his favour born of his status and how much its down to legitimate concerns such as for example him meeting with world figures and transferring this disease to them, I don't know. I suspect its a bit of both.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 19 hours ago
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
There isn't any private testing currently.
And Boots are warning people not to turn up, needlessly attempting to buy coronavirus testing kits.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by Pinkisk)
On one hand the government says that they can't test everyone due to a shortage in the availability of test kits. Only those with server symptoms will be tested. On the other hand, today, they announced that Prince Charles only had mild symptoms. I think, it's obvious that he's jumped the queue. How much this is due to illegitimate bias in his favour born of his status and how much its down to legitimate concerns such as for example him meeting with world figures and transferring this disease to them, I don't know. I suspect its a bit of both.
Given that he's the heir to the throne what exactly is illegitimate about his status?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads