The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

cardiff university accommodation help

What would you recommend accommodation wise for a student that is taking up a healthcare course? I do like to be social but when I get work done, a quiet place would be preferable.

Many thanks
I think that Taly is the most popular area for students, and there's four different sections.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by aleena 1212
What would you recommend accommodation wise for a student that is taking up a healthcare course? I do like to be social but when I get work done, a quiet place would be preferable.

Many thanks

I’ve been offered a place to study adult nursing starting this September and I’ve applied to Talybont North as my first option, University halls as my second and then liberty house as third.
I know with a few healthcare courses such a nursing they only give you an option of four different residences. So maybe just check that’s not your course.
I chose Taly as my first because it is sociable and in a good location but I heard it isn’t bad the mistake sociable like South so thought that was a good option for me.
Liberty house is just for healthcare student a I’m pretty Sure.
Original post by mad_s14
I’ve been offered a place to study adult nursing starting this September and I’ve applied to Talybont North as my first option, University halls as my second and then liberty house as third.
I know with a few healthcare courses such a nursing they only give you an option of four different residences. So maybe just check that’s not your course.
I chose Taly as my first because it is sociable and in a good location but I heard it isn’t bad the mistake sociable like South so thought that was a good option for me.

Hi thanks for the help, do you have an email/instagram account where we can talk cuz I feel so alone and we might be doing the course together. I really loved liberty house and talybont court but the accommodation price wouldn't be covered with the NHS wales bursary. It would be great to have someone to talk to.
Reply 4
Hi thanks for the help, do you have an email/instagram account where we can talk cuz I feel so alone and we might be doing the course together. I really loved liberty house and talybont court but the accommodation price wouldn't be covered with the NHS wales bursary. It would be great to have someone to talk to.

Yeh no problem😊 I’ve just sent you a message
Reply 5

Many thanks

Hi, I firmed Cardiff for physio, so also looking at healthcare accommodation! I like the look of the Talys and apparently uni halls are good (and I guess can be a bit quieter because they are out of town). Hope this helps!
I’m doing dental hyg/therapy and I’ve applied for Talybont first and Liberty second. Reason being due to the fact that I’ve heard that Talybont is more sociable and I like where it is in Cardiff, there’s a massive Tesco and sport facilities nearby. Liberty is good as it’s only a 5 min walk to the hospital but I’ve heard that it tends to be quieter than Talybont.
Reply 7
Original post by Ellie317
Hi, I firmed Cardiff for physio, so also looking at healthcare accommodation! I like the look of the Talys and apparently uni halls are good (and I guess can be a bit quieter because they are out of town). Hope this helps!

Thankyou!
I’ve decided to put Talybont north first and then I put university halls second. Mostly people I have spoken to have put Talybont north first so hopefully we get our first choices aha!
Reply 8
Original post by liv.2000
I’m doing dental hyg/therapy and I’ve applied for Talybont first and Liberty second. Reason being due to the fact that I’ve heard that Talybont is more sociable and I like where it is in Cardiff, there’s a massive Tesco and sport facilities nearby. Liberty is good as it’s only a 5 min walk to the hospital but I’ve heard that it tends to be quieter than Talybont.

Thankyou! I have put Taly first as it seems like the best option for me.
Hopefully you get your first choice too!
Has anyone applied for accommodation and put Taly North first?
Reply 10

I have put taly north first x

yeah same! Hope we all get it!
yeah same! Hope we all get it!

Amazing! just sent u a message x
Original post by mad_s14

Hi, I’m want to put taly north as my first but it won’t let me have the standard en-suite option? Was wondering if this was a glitch on my side or if it wasn’t available for healthcare students (I’ve firmed cardiff for adult nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest