The Student Room Group

Those of you away from your partners how are you coping?

Those of you who can't see your partners because of the lockdown? How are you coping?
Reply 1
Absolutely hate it. Last time I saw her was a week before quarantine, and it hurts. Most we can do is facetime, but it just isn't as good. The strain has caused a few arguments here and there, but overall it's still fine, I just want to have her here.
I'm engaged and apart from mine, it's not nice at all
Reply 3
Met my LTR boyfriend when we were in the military, so had to get used to last-minute changes and being apart a lot; that was our choice of career and lifestyle, but didn't mean we always liked it! Both now civvies, but back in the same kind of situation! He works abroad so haven't seen him for a while anyway, he couldn't travel over here last week, and our plans to go to some events in the next few months have been scrapped.

I think people are struggling with the uncertainty of how long this will go on for. Tough when you can't see elderly relatives properly either....
It's difficult, I'm not going to lie. I miss him so much. But we've all just got to take things as they come and do the best we can. Some people are suffering this much worse than my partner and I are. We can text, call, facetime; and while it's not the same we're just accepting that it's the best we can make of a difficult situation. I'm just glad I got to see him on Friday to say goodbye properly.
Reply 5
Feels good that for once, being long-term single is actually beneficial for me, lol. I’m not moping around every day missing someone else and I can get on with my life as normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending