How lenient is durham with A-level grades

Watch
13ybr1024
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
My offer (contextual) for BA Economics with management is ABB with an A in maths. I was confident I would meet this but now that A-levels are being awarded based on teacher judgement I think I will get AAB with the B in maths. How likely is it that they will be lenient and let me in anyway? Will they understand that because its based on teacher judgements the grades might not me the most accurate?

Also will it help that I got a B/A in an Economics related EPQ?

Thanks in advance!
hannahgeo123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
The honest answer is that no one really knows! I'd say you still have a very decent chance, and despite Durham not considering EPQ as part of an offer they may take it into account anyway. But basically, no one knows what will happen and Durham may have offered more spaces than they have available as they expected people to miss their grades. Good luck.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Nobody has a clue what will happen this year unfortunately .
INZZ3__
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by 13ybr1024)
My offer (contextual) for BA Economics with management is ABB with an A in maths. I was confident I would meet this but now that A-levels are being awarded based on teacher judgement I think I will get AAB with the B in maths. How likely is it that they will be lenient and let me in anyway? Will they understand that because its based on teacher judgements the grades might not me the most accurate?

Thanks in advance!
bro the fact ur getting 2 A's is gonna well compensate for the maths b and plus this whole situation has made it so that unis are more flexible anyways so don't stress
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by 13ybr1024)

Thanks in advance!
If it was in a normal year it is almost certain Durham would reject you without a grade A in Maths but nobody knows what the situation will be this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (43)
59.72%
No (29)
40.28%

Watched Threads