The Student Room Group

A Level Biology Edexcel B

There are lots of examples in my biology textbook and I’m not sure whether I need to know them for my exams. For example, in the classification and natural selection topic, there are many examples about speciation and species that have adapted (like cichlid fish and speciation). Do I need to know these examples well and will I be asked about them in my exams?
Reply 1
not necessarily, the examples are usually there so u understand how it can be applied. As long as u understand how speciation works and how species are adapted and can use that knowledge for exam questions then it will be fine. For example, you may get a question about speciation in birds and will have to use you knowledge to answer the question.

just double check on ur spec thou :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kaz_xx
not necessarily, the examples are usually there so u understand how it can be applied. As long as u understand how speciation works and how species are adapted and can use that knowledge for exam questions then it will be fine. For example, you may get a question about speciation in birds and will have to use you knowledge to answer the question.

just double check on ur spec thou :smile:

Great thank you! I’ve checked through my spec and it doesn’t ask for me to know any examples. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 3
Anyone needing edexcel typed biology notes message me
yes please
Original post by Ansfgqe
Anyone needing edexcel typed biology notes message me

Quick Reply