Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Can someone help me with this essay please :
What is quality of life ?
Mobitela
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Well, if you're answering it from the perspective of a positive psychologist (or a Buddhist Monk), the quality of life is composed of three things:

- The pleasant life; emotions such as happiness, laughter and cheer from doing activities you really enjoy, e.g. eating your favourite food.
- The good life; pursuing activities that positively absorb and engage you (you may not be smiling or laughing constantly whilst doing these activities, but you would be so interestested in them, that time would flow around and through you)
- The meaningful life; a life where happiness is gained from a deep sense of fulfilment by living for a purpose which is much greater than yourself (e.g. fighting for the planet, or being a teacher).

These three components are interconnected. For example, for you to fully lead the meaningful life and be happy, carrying out a task from the good life to such an extent that it felt meaningful and helpful for the greater good, would ensure that you were happy on more than one level.

I hope this helps your essay question :-D.
Kueno Oscar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Mobitela)
Well, if you're answering it from the perspective of a positive psychologist (or a Buddhist Monk), the quality of life is composed of three things:

- The pleasant life; emotions such as happiness, laughter and cheer from doing activities you really enjoy, e.g. eating your favourite food.
- The good life; pursuing activities that positively absorb and engage you (you may not be smiling or laughing constantly whilst doing these activities, but you would be so interestested in them, that time would flow around and through you)
- The meaningful life; a life where happiness is gained from a deep sense of fulfilment by living for a purpose which is much greater than yourself (e.g. fighting for the planet, or being a teacher).

These three components are interconnected. For example, for you to fully lead the meaningful life and be happy, carrying out a task from the good life to such an extent that it felt meaningful and helpful for the greater good, would ensure that you were happy on more than one level.

I hope this helps your essay question :-D.
Can you help me write an essay starter please I don’t know how to start ?
Mobitela
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Kueno Oscar)
Can you help me write an essay starter please I don’t know how to start ?
What subject is this essay from and what academic level is it?

If you're asking about how to write the introduction, here are some tips:
- You should say "It is debatable whether “x, y, z happened”, whether “x is true”, whether “x is to be blamed for y”"
- You should define the terms from the question
- If the question is talking about a particular period, speak about that period
- Then state some opinions about the questions so far, what people think of it
- The final sentence needs to be “In order to reach a reasonable judgement on whether x, y, z is true; we must consider a, b, c”
- Conclude in your introduction without concluding; explain what you need to conclude.
- (I got these tips from a history A level video (https://youtu.be/588TQFmvk_0), however these points can be expanded to other areas)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (84)
62.22%
No (51)
37.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed