Suedeface
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
I’m a Scottish student applying for Economics and I’ve been rejected from 3 of my choices. On Monday I firmed the University of Glasgow and put UEA as my insurance, but now I I’m having second thoughts about UEA, not because I don’t like the uni, I think the course is great and the campus is beautiful. However I’m starting to realise how much more I’d be paying to study in England than Scotland.

Should I cancel my insurance and apply thorough clearing?
stereotypeasian
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
we don't know if clearing will happen this year though as all UK exams are cancelled, I think
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by Suedeface)
I’m a Scottish student applying for Economics and I’ve been rejected from 3 of my choices. On Monday I firmed the University of Glasgow and put UEA as my insurance, but now I I’m having second thoughts about UEA, not because I don’t like the uni, I think the course is great and the campus is beautiful. However I’m starting to realise how much more I’d be paying to study in England than Scotland.

Should I cancel my insurance and apply thorough clearing?
Hi there!

In my personal opinion it is so important to go to a university that you are passionate about and somewhere that you want to spend your next three years. Doing a degree is a crucial part of your life and there are lots of choices to make and for yourself, one of them is where do you want to live - home or away? And it seems that England is the choice that you are happy with.

Do what is best for you. Don't settle. And with regards to clearing, keep updated on all available information over the next few months. Things are changing rapidly.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (43)
59.72%
No (29)
40.28%

Watched Threads