darknight_.x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i am going to univeristy in september 2021 but i cant decide between these uni for law.In the future i would love to work for a magic circle firm which of these universities will give me a better chance of making that happen

-Durham
-Warick
-Bristol
-LSE
-kCL
-Nottingham
-execter
The University of Law Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello @darknight_.x

Have you tried looking at the University of Law!! I'm currently In my third year of the LLB and I have found the employability service exceptional!! They offer amazing career advice and assistance with CV writing.

They also hold regular workshops with law firms, recently we have had barristers come into talk to us about their experiences and advice on how to stand out from the crowd!

Check out the website for more info - https://www.law.ac.uk

If you have any other questions about the uni, student life etc

Give me a shout

Tabby ( Student Rep from ULaw, the Guildford campus)
Mikos
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well, you get 5 choices, and all of those unis are decent (though I must admit I don't know much about Warwick's course, so I won't comment on that). None of those unis will stop you from getting anywhere, but please note that uni choice isn't all there is to it when it comes to how employable you are.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hello @darknight_.x

Have you tried looking at the University of Law!! I'm currently In my third year of the LLB and I have found the employability service exceptional!! They offer amazing career advice and assistance with CV writing.

They also hold regular workshops with law firms, recently we have had barristers come into talk to us about their experiences and advice on how to stand out from the crowd!

Check out the website for more info - https://www.law.ac.uk

If you have any other questions about the uni, student life etc

Give me a shout

Tabby ( Student Rep from ULaw, the Guildford campus)
OP didn't ask about ULaw so why are you marketing yourself inappropriately? If you look at other uni reps you will see that they give general advice to people who have not specifically mentioned wishing to apply to them? Your aggressive self promotion just makes you look worse than other unis, in my opinion.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by darknight_.x)
i am going to univeristy in september 2021 but i cant decide between these uni for law.In the future i would love to work for a magic circle firm which of these universities will give me a better chance of making that happen

-Durham
-Warick
-Bristol
-LSE
-kCL
-Nottingham
-execter
All of the above unis would provide a good platform for a career in Law, including magic circle. The way to decide between unis is to narrow them down based on your personal preferences such as whether or not you prefer a campus or city based uni, whether you would prefer to be in London or not, which modules interest you, which unis match your predicted grades etc. The next step is to attend Open Days if possible, and while these have currently moved to virtual Open Days, hopefully they unis will be open again in time for the Summer/Autumn Open Days.

You can also look at section 4 of this thread on comparing law faculties

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6247090
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.6%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.65%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.75%

Watched Threads