Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi. I never felt any penis pain until yesterday night. As most men do, I masturbated yesterday evening. After a shower I felt a strange sensation in my penis, like a very mild burning feeling but not painful. I woke up today and it feels like it’s burning but it isn’t painful if that makes sense. I don’t feel any pain when I’m urinating though. Any advice?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
It’s a sti dude
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like chlamydia
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I would visit a sexual health clinic asap. A sti or std takes a minimum of 2 weeks to show but some only show after 9 weeks. Sadly these are symptoms of a few infections just hope it’s a curable one
username2646039
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Visit your shine clinic. Next time use a condom it’s who ever you last slept with
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sounds like chlamydia
(Original post by Mapleservers)
Visit your shine clinic. Next time use a condom it’s who ever you last slept with
It’s a sti dude
I’ve never had sex... still a virgin
Anonymous #1
I would visit a sexual health clinic asap. A sti or std takes a minimum of 2 weeks to show but some only show after 9 weeks. Sadly these are symptoms of a few infections just hope it’s a curable one
Can I go to my GP instead? I’ve never had sex but only had a handjob like last year.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Can I go to my GP instead? I’ve never had sex but only had a handjob like last year.
You can still get one from a handjob it’s not just PIV. Although on rare cases you can catch them from a toilet seat but most likely you got it from the handjob if it is one and sadly no> visit your local shine or sexual health clinic (it’s free) they’ll just ask you to pee in a cup and a few questions and if you have had anal then they’ll need a blood test which you haven’t had so it’ll just be pee in a cup and 3 days later you’ll get a text with results
username2646039
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re not a virgin if you had a handjob - it’s rare that you would have got one from this unless it’s sysphilis or Hepatitis
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mapleservers)
You’re not a virgin if you had a handjob - it’s rare that you would have got one from this unless it’s sysphilis or Hepatitis
Oh, right. Is there anything else it could be? I mean it's never happened before and only seemed to happen right after I masturbated (which I stopped doing for a week). There is no discharge nor is there any visible signs. My pee is normal and does not smell nor does my urethra hurt when I am peeing. Surely it's less likely to be an STI? Thank you for response.
LittleABC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh, right. Is there anything else it could be? I mean it's never happened before and only seemed to happen right after I masturbated (which I stopped doing for a week). There is no discharge nor is there any visible signs. My pee is normal and does not smell nor does my urethra hurt when I am peeing. Surely it's less likely to be an STI? Thank you for response.
These answers are very unhelpful and anxiety-provoking!
Different people have different views on what being a virgin means - some people think sexual contact without intercourse preserves virginity, others class any kind of sexual activity as sex but losing your virginity is engaging in intercourse.

Hepatitis is a bloodborne virus and risk of getting it from a hand job is near on impossible unless body fluids were swapped ie semen into an open wound, but even then it's not likely.

You CANNOT catch a sexually transmitted infection from a toilet seat.

Some infections can present with symptoms earlier than 2 weeks, but a positive result may not show immediately due to incubation periods (growing times so tests can pick it up). Syphilis and hepatitis are tested for via blood test and most accurate results are gained three months after any unprotected sex.

Some infections dont cause symptoms. Half of males and 80% of females with chlamydia dont have any symptoms.

It is unlikely a service would suggest, offer or advise an STI screen if there has been no sex (vaginal, oral or anal).

I dont need the details but excessive/frequent masturbation can irritate the lining of the urethra. This can cause itching inside the water pipe, a clear discharge or burning when urinating. This is urethritis and can be treated with antibiotics if necessary. Perhaps, after one week of not doing it, you were a little rough and have caused a bit of inflammation that your body is responding to?

GP would be best choice if you remain concerned. In the meantime drink plenty and avoid using any perfumed products to wash with, shower gel etc.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LittleABC)
Different people have different views on what being a virgin means - some people think sexual contact without intercourse preserves virginity, others class any kind of sexual activity as sex but losing your virginity is engaging in intercourse.

Hepatitis is a bloodborne virus and risk of getting it from a hand job is near on impossible unless body fluids were swapped ie semen into an open wound, but even then it's not likely.

Some infections can present with symptoms earlier than 2 weeks, but a positive result may not show immediately due to incubation periods (growing times so tests can pick it up). Syphilis and hepatitis are tested for via blood test and most accurate results are gained three months after any unprotected sex.

Some infections dont cause symptoms. Half of males and 80% of females with chlamydia dont have any symptoms.

It is unlikely a service would suggest, offer or advise an STI screen if there has been no sex (vaginal, oral or anal).

I dont need the details but excessive/frequent masturbation can irritate the lining of the urethra. This can cause itching inside the water pipe, a clear discharge or burning when urinating. This is urethritis and can be treated with antibiotics if necessary. Perhaps, after one week of not doing it, you were a little rough and have caused a bit of inflammation that your body is responding to?

GP would be best choice if you remain concerned. In the meantime drink plenty and avoid using any perfumed products to wash with, shower gel etc.
Yeah you can catch it from a toilet seat! Especially Male just the the penis touching the bowl when sat down so if their is an infection in that area it’ll transfer to the penis
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

You’re just completely wrong at multiple stages I don’t even want to comment.

FYI for hepatitis and syphilis you can just have your finger pricked
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re just completely wrong at multiple stages I don’t even want to comment.

FYI for hepatitis and syphilis you can just have your finger pricked
FYI You can have a finger prick test but they will advise a follow up at three months due to how the infection develops, especially syphilis. If you read, I did say, for most accurate results.
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah you can catch it from a toilet seat! Especially Male just the the penis touching the bowl when sat down so if their is an infection in that area it’ll transfer to the penis
No you can't catch SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED infections from toilet seats.

Even scabies, a highly infectious skin infection, takes around 10 minutes of contact to be passed on.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
No you can't catch SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED infections from toilet seats.

Even scabies, a highly infectious skin infection, takes around 10 minutes of contact to be passed on.
Yes you can lol especially if the person before you has it then you go and sit on the seat straight after them and it’s even higher if you have a cut on your bumbum

Secondly scabies can be caught just by cuddling someone or from a hotel room
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can lol especially if the person before you has it then you go and sit on the seat straight after them and it’s even higher if you have a cut on your bumbum

Secondly scabies can be caught just by cuddling someone or from a hotel room
I'd be overrun at work if you could catch infection from a toilet seat.
Insisting misinformation like that isn't helpful when someone is anxious anyway.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I'd be overrun at work if you could catch infection from a toilet seat.
Insisting misinformation like that isn't helpful when someone is anxious anyway.
Use the toilet seat after me then get tested a few weeks later and you’ll know it’s possible
LittleABC
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Use the toilet seat after me then get tested a few weeks later and you’ll know it’s possible
🤦*♀️
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
🤦*♀️
I’m female lol. Although men catch them easier from toilet seat as their dingaling touches the bowl when sat down
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads