Applying for uni late because I dropped out of Oxford

Watch
PhysicsIsUs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hi there,
I dropped out of Oxford uni (studying physics) recently due to personal reasons but would like to go to Bath uni this year (i.e. starting September 2020, also for physics).
However, the UCAS deadline has obviously very much passed. I rang the Bath admissions office, but with coronavirus nobody picked up and I was directed to their admissions email.
I sent an email a week ago and haven't yet heard a response, and I am all too aware that time is ticking.
What should I do? Should I try get an application in through UCAS (if I'm even still allowed to at this point) without talking to Bath about my circumstances (even though it's well past the UCAS deadline)? Or should I continue to wait on a response from Bath?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Gcrr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Maybe ring UCAS, they might have some info and their lines are open atm. And possibly email another email address for Bath, just in case - maybe the director of the course/physics undergrad admissions. Do you know anyone who goes there that can give you specific info?

Did you also have anything else in mind when dropping out? Like other unis apart from Bath? You might as well email more unis, just to be safe - unless Bath is the only place you want to go. Hope this helps!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by PhysicsIsUs)
Hi there,
I dropped out of Oxford uni (studying physics) recently due to personal reasons but would like to go to Bath uni this year (i.e. starting September 2020, also for physics).
However, the UCAS deadline has obviously very much passed. I rang the Bath admissions office, but with coronavirus nobody picked up and I was directed to their admissions email.
I sent an email a week ago and haven't yet heard a response, and I am all too aware that time is ticking.
What should I do? Should I try get an application in through UCAS (if I'm even still allowed to at this point) without talking to Bath about my circumstances (even though it's well past the UCAS deadline)? Or should I continue to wait on a response from Bath?
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Hi

Usually, the UCAS deadline on 15th January is considered a 'soft' deadline - meaning that if your application is made before then universities have to consider you application. However, many universities still accept and consider applications made past the deadline. I would, however, recommend applying as soon as possible as applications are often no longer accepted once the course fills up.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa
Admit-One
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
If the course is still open on UCAS then it's likely they would still consider you. Ordinarily I would call them to double check first, but as you've already tried I would not wait for an email response given the current einvironment.

You must list your incomplete study on your application. Depending on how long you were there, they may ask for an academic transcript or ref from Oxford.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads