octo's three-week lockdown challenge!

Watch
octo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys! Long time no blog. My GYG might not have gotten off the ground, and neither did my uni blog... but now I'm stuck at home, I think this is my time to shine!

A little context: I'm 21, and a third year English and Creative Writing student at Royal Holloway. I just got home yesterday; my mum came to collect me from uni after the lockdown was announced. I'm gutted to be gone, desperately missing my partner of almost four years, and devastated that I might not be able to go back, but I'm definitely relieved to be safe at home. Here I can always get food, I have access to an oven, I have multiple rooms to move around in, a garden... it's definitely a stable and quiet place to be locked down in.

So, what are my Cool Corona Plans? I'm going to format this a bit like a mini Summer Bucket List challenge, with the handy colour coordination, but I'm not going to be too disappointed if I don't get them all done. I'm still working on my dissertation and my various hefty assignments which haven't been pushed back, so I can only do so much fun stuff. :P

1. Do some traditional painting. I have some absolutely beautiful paints and equipment that I've had for a year now and just not had a chance to touch. I really want to give it another go and maybe paint something bigger!
  2. Finish a digital illustration. I've been working almost exclusively on my creaky little iPad Pro since I bought it last summer. I'm really happy with how much I've improved since I started working on the iPad full time, so I'm hoping to get a full illustration done in the next few weeks!
  3. Cover a song. Now I'm home, I have access to my microphone, my keyboard, and my guitar! I want to either write something or record a cover of something.
  4. Finish at least two drafts of my Fiction Extended Project. My 10,000-word Creative Writing Project, currently due May 5th, is a suburban fantasy story about a troubled human father suddenly having to take care of his illegitimate half-faerie son. I have a solid second draft of one third of it, and I need to get the other two at least first-drafted very soon!
  5. Try and stay active. I'm gutted that I'm not going to be able to keep playing Pokemon Go, since I live about a 20 minute walk from the nearest Pokestop. But if I can go on a few government-approved walks, or play on the Wii, or anything like that -- I'll consider it a task well done!
  6. Play Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I've been playing it since launch day and I'm absolutely enamoured with the game and my peaceful little island. It's the only way I can meet up with my friends, so I'll keep you posted on how my island is progressing!
  7. Find a shiny Pokemon. I've been shiny hunting for about two months now. I have a whole bunch of shinies in Pokemon Go, a shiny Eevee, Magikarp, and Drifloon in Shield, and a shiny Treecko in Alpha Sapphire. I'd really like to get at least one new shiny over the next three weeks -- pray to the RNG gods for me!
  8. Read at least one book, cover-to-cover. I haven't had time to read for pleasure in a long, long while. I know this stuff'll be easier to do once I'm done with deadlines, but I miss having the full focus to read and finish books!
  9. Watch something new. Over the summer I really want to rewatch Over the Garden Wall and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- but in these three weeks, all I want to do is watch something I haven't seen before!
  10. Plan my Long Project for my MA. I'm supposed to be starting a (Creative) Writing MA at Warwick in September. Obviously, we're... going to have to see how that goes. But I want to be prepared -- if things go well, I need to have a plan for my long writing project before the year starts.
  11. Cook or bake something. My family have agreed that, since me and my older brother have come home for the foreseeable future, we can all share cooking duties to contribute to the house. I haven't had an oven in a few months, so I'm really looking forward to getting to cook again! Especially cake!!
  12. Finish(!!!) my dissertation. At current, the lockdown will end on the 14th of April (if it doesn't get extended, which it very well could). My dissertation is due at 12PM on the 15th. I have about 6000 of the 8000 words done -- it's just a matter of sourcing, citing, and pulling it all together now.

Rather than linking to the tasks, I'm going to list the daily breakdown here, like a little diary!

DAY 1: Worked on my Fiction Extended Project and went for a walk.
DAY 2: Sent off a draft of my Fiction Extended Project for feedback.
DAY 3: Played Animal Crossing: New Horizons and went shiny hunting.
DAY 4: Baked a chocolate sponge cake.
DAY 5: Worked on the Judecha lineup illustration (sketch phase).
DAY 6: Worked on the Judecha lineup illustration (Zaria, Sparrow, Sorina, and Alexei).
DAY 7: Rolled up a new D&D character for a new campaign.
DAY 8: Made cupcakes and cooked dinner for my family.
DAY 9: Entered the void in relief about the no-detriment policy.
DAY 10: Went for a bike ride through my village, and watched a YouTube documentary.
DAY 11: Finished the Judecha lineup illustration (Hansa, Kit, Varvara, and Eight).

I don't really know anyone on TSR that well, so I'm not sure who to tag as my Lockdown Challenge Buddy! EstelOfTheEyrie -- I don't know if you still use TSR that much or want to get involved in the challenge, but I loved reading your SBL last summer and I hope you're doing okay with everything. <3

Good luck, guys! I'm going to try and update every day, so watch this space!
Last edited by octo; 1 day ago
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)
Hey guys! Long time no blog. My GYG might not have gotten off the ground, and neither did my uni blog... but now I'm stuck at home, I think this is my time to shine!

A little context: I'm 21, and a third year English and Creative Writing student at Royal Holloway. I just got home yesterday; my mum came to collect me from uni after the lockdown was announced. I'm gutted to be gone, desperately missing my partner of almost four years, and devastated that I might not be able to go back, but I'm definitely relieved to be safe at home. Here I can always get food, I have access to an oven, I have multiple rooms to move around in, a garden... it's definitely a stable and quiet place to be locked down in.

So, what are my Cool Corona Plans? I'm going to format this a bit like a mini Summer Bucket List challenge, with the handy colour coordination, but I'm not going to be too disappointed if I don't get them all done. I'm still working on my dissertation and my various hefty assignments which haven't been pushed back, so I can only do so much fun stuff. :P

1. Do some traditional painting. I have some absolutely beautiful paints and equipment that I've had for a year now and just not had a chance to touch. I really want to give it another go and maybe paint something bigger!
  2. Finish a digital illustration. I've been working almost exclusively on my creaky little iPad Pro since I bought it last summer. I'm really happy with how much I've improved since I started working on the iPad full time, so I'm hoping to get a full illustration done in the next few weeks!
  3. Cover a song. Now I'm home, I have access to my microphone, my keyboard, and my guitar! I want to either write something or record a cover of something.
  4. Finish at least two drafts of my Fiction Extended Project. My 10,000-word Creative Writing Project, currently due May 5th, is a suburban fantasy story about a troubled human father suddenly having to take care of his illegitimate half-faerie son. I have a solid second draft of one third of it, and I need to get the other two at least first-drafted very soon!
  5. Try and stay active. I'm gutted that I'm not going to be able to keep playing Pokemon Go, since I live about a 20 minute walk from the nearest Pokestop. But if I can go on a few government-approved walks, or play on the Wii, or anything like that -- I'll consider it a task well done!
  6. Play Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I've been playing it since launch day and I'm absolutely enamoured with the game and my peaceful little island. It's the only way I can meet up with my friends, so I'll keep you posted on how my island is progressing!
  7. Find a shiny Pokemon. I've been shiny hunting for about two months now. I have a whole bunch of shinies in Pokemon Go, a shiny Eevee, Magikarp, and Drifloon in Shield, and a shiny Treecko in Alpha Sapphire. I'd really like to get at least one new shiny over the next three weeks -- pray to the RNG gods for me!
  8. Read at least one book, cover-to-cover. I haven't had time to read for pleasure in a long, long while. I know this stuff'll be easier to do once I'm done with deadlines, but I miss having the full focus to read and finish books!
  9. Watch something new. Over the summer I really want to rewatch Over the Garden Wall and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- but in these three weeks, all I want to do is watch something I haven't seen before!
  10. Plan my Long Project for my MA. I'm supposed to be starting a (Creative) Writing MA at Warwick in September. Obviously, we're... going to have to see how that goes. But I want to be prepared -- if things go well, I need to have a plan for my long writing project before the year starts.
  11. Cook or bake something. My family have agreed that, since me and my older brother have come home for the foreseeable future, we can all share cooking duties to contribute to the house. I haven't had an oven in a few months, so I'm really looking forward to getting to cook again! Especially cake!!
  12. Finish(!!!) my dissertation. At current, the lockdown will end on the 14th of April (if it doesn't get extended, which it very well could). My dissertation is due at 12PM on the 15th. I have about 6000 of the 8000 words done -- it's just a matter of sourcing, citing, and pulling it all together now.

I don't really know anyone on TSR that well, so I'm not sure who to tag as my Lockdown Challenge Buddy! EstelOfTheEyrie -- I don't know if you still use TSR that much or want to get involved in the challenge, but I loved reading your SBL last summer and I hope you're doing okay with everything. <3

Heyyyyyy octo!

Welcome back to blog land! So happy to have you here and you've got some seriously badass plans for the next couple weeks! :woo:

Have you got any plans for what book you'd like to read cover to cover? There's some amazing books aficionados around that could help recommend if not! Also whatcha got on the menu for your cooking duties? I loooove cooking, but I'm so awful at baking. :rofl:

Good luck with all your challenges! You got this!
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)

Wow that's quite a list! Good luck! Excited to see how you get on
octo
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Wow that's quite a list! Good luck! Excited to see how you get on
I'm nothing if not overambitious!!! Good luck to you too! ; v ;
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Heyyyyyy octo!

Welcome back to blog land! So happy to have you here and you've got some seriously badass plans for the next couple weeks! :woo:

Have you got any plans for what book you'd like to read cover to cover? There's some amazing books aficionados around that could help recommend if not! Also whatcha got on the menu for your cooking duties? I loooove cooking, but I'm so awful at baking. :rofl:

Good luck with all your challenges! You got this!
HEYYY!! Thank you so much!! Clearly the only times I can get blogs done are when I'm out here in the middle of nowhere.

I'm honestly not sure yet! I have Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone In The Dark on my shelf right next to me... but I also have Ocean Vuong's On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous, and Jeanette Winterson's Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit... I think those three are all strong contenders, and that doesn't even begin to unpack (lmao) the books I've brought home with me and not read yet! I'm ALWAYS up for recommendations -- especially while I'm working on my fiction project. The more varied stuff I can read, the better!!

I know that piri-piri chicken and chips is probably one of the meals I'll be making. I love lemon and herb piri-piri. I am trash. I think we're going to sit down together and start working on a big online delivery order tonight, so I'll work out what I'm on the hook for cooking pretty soon!! I'm not the best at baking, but I love making cakes. If I get to bake, it'll probably be a chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream/icing -- nothing too exciting, but definitely nothing to turn down on a plate!

Good luck to you too!! I know this is going to be at least a productive few weeks.
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, all your goals are so cool!
Best of luck for them :hugs:
octo
Rep:
?

DAY ONE:

Hello hello! Today I'm working on Task 4 and drafting up some stuff for my Fiction Extended Project. If I manage to make any headway on it, I'll let you know! Right now I'm just writing scene notes/images/ideas in my draft notebook. It's a really good way to use my inspiration to note down the specific things I have in mind without feeling pressured to form it all into words.

I've been lucky enough that my family have been understanding of my need to get work done, and have let me set up camp in the old office/storage room. There's a desk and a chair, and that's all I need!!! Here's a few of the notes, so you can see the sort of thing I'm working on and the ideas I'm writing down:

"33. // Calis' attempts to communicate with his father and the other adults in his life fall on deaf ears. He uses the little English his mother has taught him. He mimes, he mimicks. Nothing seems to work. Lucas sees him as a problem/obstacle -- not his child."
"37: // Think of Frankenstein -- the absence of the mother is clear in the behaviour of Victor as much as anything else. Lucas' dismissal of the women around him is casual and unthinking, but still clearly there. He dismisses Farrah's concerns about Calis and their growing family. He fails to understand Ana. He needs to understand his children -- none of them are quite what he imagines."
"40: // Lucas thinks he sees Mondfee in Calis' hair -- he loses his composure slightly and shoos him off. Focus on showing the interactions rather than flashback. Maybe Calis is bothering Farrah and the two of them share this awkward, pained look..."

---
In other news, I'm also working towards Task 5! At lunch, we went for a little walk through the local fields towards the nearest Pokestop. I saw some horses on the way:

and my brother insisted on taking pictures with my Pokemon Go AR camera, so here's him with my shiny Feebas, Ambrose:

It was great to be able to safely and quietly get out of the house. We only saw two other people the whole hour we were out, which is a great sign -- I'm glad people are taking things seriously and staying in where they can. I might live in the middle of nowhere, but it was quiet even with that in mind!

Until next update (probably tomorrow unless I have some kind of insane writing breakthrough today)! Stay safe, everyone!
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is that an IKEA candle I spy :teehee:
octo
Rep:
?
Is that an IKEA candle I spy :teehee:
It is! I love the smell, but I can't find any matches to light it
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)
I'm nothing if not overambitious!!! Good luck to you too! ; v ;

HEYYY!! Thank you so much!! Clearly the only times I can get blogs done are when I'm out here in the middle of nowhere.

I'm honestly not sure yet! I have Michelle McNamara's I'll Be Gone In The Dark on my shelf right next to me... but I also have Ocean Vuong's On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous, and Jeanette Winterson's Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit... I think those three are all strong contenders, and that doesn't even begin to unpack (lmao) the books I've brought home with me and not read yet! I'm ALWAYS up for recommendations -- especially while I'm working on my fiction project. The more varied stuff I can read, the better!!

I know that piri-piri chicken and chips is probably one of the meals I'll be making. I love lemon and herb piri-piri. I am trash. I think we're going to sit down together and start working on a big online delivery order tonight, so I'll work out what I'm on the hook for cooking pretty soon!! I'm not the best at baking, but I love making cakes. If I get to bake, it'll probably be a chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream/icing -- nothing too exciting, but definitely nothing to turn down on a plate!

Good luck to you too!! I know this is going to be at least a productive few weeks.
Hahaha sounds amazing! PilboBaggins is reading goals for me. She might have some recommendations!

God luck mate!
PilboBaggins
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Hahaha sounds amazing! PilboBaggins is reading goals for me. She might have some recommendations!

God luck mate!
Hey octo good luck with your challenge, sounds awesome!

Oh BlinkyBill you flatter me. I'm currently reading The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle and I'm really enjoying it. It's a mystery/crime thriller and it's pretty dark and suspenseful.
octo
Rep:
?
DAY TWO:
I did it! I sent off a 9500-word draft of my Fiction Extended Project to my supervisor at about ten past 3 today. It's not the best thing I've ever written by any means, but it's a first draft I can get a bit of feedback on and rework from there. He's just emailed me back, and I can't say he seems like a fan of the first 2000 words (what he read), but I have a lot I can work with over the next few days.

I wish I could say I've done more today, but I stopped working and went to bed at 2, woke up at 10, and worked pretty much all day to get this thing done. I think it's about time I played some Animal Crossing and ate some food.

I'll respond to replies in just a second! Hope everyone's having a good quaran-time!
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)

DAY TWO:

I did it! I sent off a 9500-word draft of my Fiction Extended Project to my supervisor at about ten past 3 today. It's not the best thing I've ever written by any means, but it's a first draft I can get a bit of feedback on and rework from there. He's just emailed me back, and I can't say he seems like a fan of the first 2000 words (what he read), but I have a lot I can work with over the next few days.

I wish I could say I've done more today, but I stopped working and went to bed at 2, woke up at 10, and worked pretty much all day to get this thing done. I think it's about time I played some Animal Crossing and ate some food.

I'll respond to replies in just a second! Hope everyone's having a good quaran-time!
Wow that's a big project! You should definitely be proud of yourself for producing that
jemima0103
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)

Rather than linking to the tasks, I'm going to list the daily breakdown here, like a little diary!

Wow, good luck with all your goals.
You have loads on your list to keep you busy
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)

x
Hey octo!
Love the blog :five:
Glad am not the only one with a pile of uni work still to do haha
Best of luck with it all!
Also woot for pokemon go xD managed to catch a few new pokemon on my recent walks so that's been cool.
Also became lucky friends with my uni housemate :ninja: so got that to look forward to once this is all over!
Have a fab day,
Cheese
octo
Rep:
?
Look who forgot to update all weekend cos she was so BUSY doing STUFF (please note: i was not actually very busy doing stuff, i am actually just incompetent). With that in mind, here's a handy 3-in-1!

DAY 3:

After Day 2's 9000-word sprint and the extremely thorough feedback I received immediately afterwards, I decided Saturday was the day to sit back and lick my brain wounds, and by which I mean "I didn't write anything all day, my brain was thoroughly switched off". Instead, I had a fun gaming day!

First up was Task 6, playing with my Animal Crossing: New Horizons town! I've been trying to check in on the game every day to do my errands around town and talk to my villagers.

In lieu of actually being able to see my partner, we've been having Animal Crossing dates. ; ~ ; I love the fact that I'm able to just run around happily with them and be silly on call. Animal Crossing literally could not have come out at a better time -- and I can't believe it's only been 10 days since it released!!!!

I also sort of completed Task 7, find a shiny Pokemon. I actually found a LOT of them because I was joining so many raid dens on SwSh, but I was hoping to hatch one of my own!! I'll keep Masuda'ing my Ralts, but in the meantime... Here's one of the shiny dens I joined. I got myself a handsome lime-and-bubblegum toady of my own -- Toxicroak! I'd die for him.

DAY 4:

Today I completed Task 11, 'cook or bake something'!! I used our ancient recipe cards to cook a chocolate sandwich cake, stuck together with chocolate buttercream. It took a lot longer than expected because the amount of batter the recipe asked for was nowhere near enough for the two cake tins we had, so I had to quickly make a second batch of batter, and then the buttercream went horribly wrong -- BUT I DID IT.

It's a little crispy around the edges because the oven preheated for so much longer than I expected, and the decorations were best before 2014, but I've tried some and it's pretty good, even if I do say so myself! I think my family liked it too. They've descended on it like vultures pulling apart roadkill. I finished making it less than 24 hours ago and there's less than a quarter left!

DAY 5:

Today I went for another walk to the Pokestop and back -- but for the most part I've been focusing on Task 2, finish a digital illustration! You guys might remember Judecha, a 1970s Slavic-Soviet-style RP group my partner is running for me and my friends, from my Summer Bucket List last year. It's still going strong, and I've decided I want to work on references for the eight (yes, eight) characters I'm currently playing within the group. I did something similar in September, when I only had five characters for the group. It's going to take a long time, sure, but I'm really happy with my improvement since the beginning of September!

Here are my current sketches! I'm slowly working on lining Sparrow first, second from the left -- they're a curious little regal soul who woke up one day in Judecha with no memories of who they are or how they came to be here.

It's hard to tell so far, but it's really encouraging to compare how these poses and sketches have turned out compared to the ones I finished in September. The poses are more fluid and dynamic, and I've gotten better at drawing varied body types too!

(September sketches under the spoilery tag.)
Spoiler:
Show

I'm going to keep working hard on the lineart for these, so I'll keep you posted with how they go!!! <3 Tomorrow I'm going to try and get cracking on my dissertation again -- I took the weekend off, but now I just feel like I'm being avoidant. Oops.

And now for replies! Because I am terrible!!!!

(Original post by PilboBaggins)
Hey octo good luck with your challenge, sounds awesome!

Oh BlinkyBill you flatter me. I'm currently reading The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle and I'm really enjoying it. It's a mystery/crime thriller and it's pretty dark and suspenseful.
That sounds so cool! I'm definitely adding it to my list! >:3c

Wow that's a big project! You should definitely be proud of yourself for producing that
Thank you so much!! I've got a long way to go with it, but I think I'm just really happy that I have all the words I theoretically need -- they just need to be rewritten and reworked and fiddled with, now. I do think I was kind of feral in writing 5k of it in one day, but hey!! Deadlines are deadlines.

(Original post by jemima0103)
Wow, good luck with all your goals.
You have loads on your list to keep you busy
Good luck to you too!! I'm definitely not going to be lacking things to do -- it's just all going to be a question of whether or not I have the motivation to do them!!

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hey octo!
Love the blog :five:
Glad am not the only one with a pile of uni work still to do haha
Best of luck with it all!
Also woot for pokemon go xD managed to catch a few new pokemon on my recent walks so that's been cool.
Also became lucky friends with my uni housemate :ninja: so got that to look forward to once this is all over!
Have a fab day,
Cheese
Hey Cheese!!! We can suffer under these piles of uni work together. >-(o I'm hoping my uni thinks about putting in a "no detriment" policy, like Exeter/Southampton/Edinburgh/Warwick etc have done -- so we can have a safety net of our averages not dropping because of all of this. That'd be a big weight off my shoulders... but I don't know if I can see it happening. How's your uni coping with this whole thing?
EYYY fantastic! I think the only new one I've gotten over the last few days is a Pineco. There's a Chimecho that always claims to be at the pokestop, but when I get there it's wandered off to the next one which is in itself another fifteen minute walk or so. Bloody thing.
Good luck to you too!!! <3 <3 <3
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by octo)
x
Hey Cheese!!! We can suffer under these piles of uni work together. >-(o I'm hoping my uni thinks about putting in a "no detriment" policy, like Exeter/Southampton/Edinburgh/Warwick etc have done -- so we can have a safety net of our averages not dropping because of all of this. That'd be a big weight off my shoulders... but I don't know if I can see it happening. How's your uni coping with this whole thing?
EYYY fantastic! I think the only new one I've gotten over the last few days is a Pineco. There's a Chimecho that always claims to be at the pokestop, but when I get there it's wandered off to the next one which is in itself another fifteen minute walk or so. Bloody thing.
Good luck to you too!!! <3 <3 <3
Wow you are smashing this!
Amazing update, really enjoyed the art though I don't know of the characters myself. 11/9 would eat that cake 100% haha
pokemonnnn

uni is having VC daily updates
my department are doing weekly ones and still no idea what is going on with my assessments
one presentation is cancelled and afaik everything else is still as normal including my viva, CW deadlines and no word on exams
yeah we have the no detriment policy which is nice I hope your uni has told you something today maybe?
yass :five: caught a Solosis, Gothita and lots of scythers recently!
put 2 pokemon on gyms that are nearby so fingers crossed I can get some coins yey!
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wowee well done! that cake looks delicious such a busy weekend!
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
the cake looks so good! :gah:
octo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago

DAY 6:

I spent pretty much all of Monday drawing. It's kind of terrible. I need to function more. On the bright side, at least I've gotten four of the eight fullbodies done!

I'm really chuffed with how this has been coming along... but I'm stupid, and I should be working on my dissertation!!! I have two weeks, but I haven't touched it since I came home! I think I'm just struggling to focus on work with everything that's going on. I feel like I'm really at capacity with all the stress in the world right now. We're supposed to be finding out what's going on with assessments by Friday; I'm desperately hoping the university sees sense and implements the no detriment policy. If they did, I think the weight of the world would lift off my shoulders.

DAY 7:

I was supposed to have D&D today, so I cordoned off the day in my head! But it's been pushed to Friday, because my DM wasn't having a great day. So I just did absolutely nothing today instead.
Well, that's not entirely true! I've been planning a new eldritch-Victorian-style D&D character with one of my friends. Her name is Lady Beatrice Pemberley, and she encountered some quite... unusual symptoms after going out on a night-time hunt. Maybe she shouldn't have shot that beautiful pheasant, the one that laughed at her and shattered like ice on impact.

I think playing some D&D is really going to help with getting through this whole thing. Especially keeping regular and fun contact with friends. I can't wait.

The most exciting thing that happened today was that I got to pet the big ginger cat who wanders around my garden. He is very cute, just very shy. Tomorrow, I'm going to do my absolute best to actually get some diss work done! I am a nightmare creature of executive dysfunction and anxiety.

Now for replies! Sorry for the horribly long posts, lads!

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Wow you are smashing this!
Amazing update, really enjoyed the art though I don't know of the characters myself. 11/9 would eat that cake 100% haha
pokemonnnn

uni is having VC daily updates
my department are doing weekly ones and still no idea what is going on with my assessments
one presentation is cancelled and afaik everything else is still as normal including my viva, CW deadlines and no word on exams
yeah we have the no detriment policy which is nice I hope your uni has told you something today maybe?
yass :five: caught a Solosis, Gothita and lots of scythers recently!
put 2 pokemon on gyms that are nearby so fingers crossed I can get some coins yey!
Fingers crossed you hear back about your deadlines!! I've been trying really hard to get a shiny Croagunk from the new April Fools event. I desperately want the little green boy!!!

I'm trying to figure out where the nearest gym is so I can try and get some coins -- I'm 6 away from a bag upgrade, and I desperately crave it! I need the room for balls!

wowee well done! that cake looks delicious such a busy weekend!
(Original post by laurawatt)
the cake looks so good! :gah:
I've made up for a busy weekend by doing absolutely nothing since!! But thank you so much! If we can get more eggs, I'd love to make another one (and hopefully not burn this one lmao).
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by octo)
x.
Wow I love the hair on your drawings! SO amazing! I bet they took ages to do :O
we have had a presentation cancelled and been promised more info but nothing since the no detriment policy

I hope you catch one! If you do - tell me :teeth: maybe even pop a picture on here of the cute dude!
I caught a shiny thing recently but can't remember what it was :beard:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.17%
No (574)
65.83%

Watched Threads