I want to be an entrepreneur but I do not know what degree to do?

Watch
girlpersonhuman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Business and management/economics?
Help
anonymous12309
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Business
anonymous12309
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
or Economics
girlpersonhuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by anonymous12309)
Business
(Original post by anonymous12309)
or Economics
Very helpful...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What subjects are you most interested in studying?
What type of business or businesses do you hope to start?

Some of my friends are entrepreneurs.
They did undergrads in: actuarial science, archaeology, business administration/management, economics, history, illustration, land economy, law and medicine.
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by curiousperson123)
Business and management/economics?
Help
Yeah these are the subjects I suggest you choose from if your main aim is to become an entrepreneur. Choose a course that puts some emphasis on teaching entrepreneurial skills, and an institution with a strong entrepreneurial/finance/investment society presence. This will be important to help you network and meet people you could potentially go into business with in the future. If you’re in London, attend events with University of London, listen to speeches from senior executives etc and again meet people from different backgrounds. People with different skill sets could help you grow a business in a sector you’re not too familiar with. Keep looking out for side hustles and small business opportunities that could help you put some income aside to invest in bigger business later on. I’d also suggest you do your best to secure a summer internship in a company so you can get some practical experience with how a business operates.
girlpersonhuman
Rep:
?
(Original post by asif007)
Yeah these are the subjects I suggest you choose from if your main aim is to become an entrepreneur. Choose a course that puts some emphasis on teaching entrepreneurial skills, and an institution with a strong entrepreneurial/finance/investment society presence. This will be important to help you network and meet people you could potentially go into business with in the future. If you’re in London, attend events with University of London, listen to speeches from senior executives etc and again meet people from different backgrounds. People with different skill sets could help you grow a business in a sector you’re not too familiar with. Keep looking out for side hustles and small business opportunities that could help you put some income aside to invest in bigger business later on. I’d also suggest you do your best to secure a summer internship in a company so you can get some practical experience with how a business operates.
you are amazing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads