bearfaced
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I’ve accepted a job which requires security clearance. It’s now been 7 weeks which they told me is the average time. I’ve had SC before.

Does anybody know if they are still processing applicants due to Covid19? I accepted the job at the start of February after being successful at interview. My new manager has been in touch saying the base is still open and I will be able to get a laptop, ID pass and work from home once SC is granted.

My CS Jobs portal has changed the message today from “we are carrying out some pre employment checks” to “Great news, you've accepted your provisional offer and your pre-employment checks are underway.

We are still checking:

We will send an email notification to you once all pre-employment checks are complete.”

They’ve said “we are still checking” but failed to insert what is pending! Seems odd that they updated the message on CS Jobs.

We will send an email notification to you once all pre-employment checks are complete.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by bearfaced)
I’ve accepted a job which requires security clearance. It’s now been 7 weeks which they told me is the average time. I’ve had SC before.

Does anybody know if they are still processing applicants due to Covid19? I accepted the job at the start of February after being successful at interview. My new manager has been in touch saying the base is still open and I will be able to get a laptop, ID pass and work from home once SC is granted.

My CS Jobs portal has changed the message today from “we are carrying out some pre employment checks” to “Great news, you've accepted your provisional offer and your pre-employment checks are underway.

We are still checking:

We will send an email notification to you once all pre-employment checks are complete.”

They’ve said “we are still checking” but failed to insert what is pending! Seems odd that they updated the message on CS Jobs.

We will send an email notification to you once all pre-employment checks are complete.
I dont think you have any option but to be patient as cv19 has produced extra stresses. It sounds like progress, but I expect the only person oon the inside would be able to tell you any more or make an enquiry on your behalf, not as though you cna do your own clearnace and they might be relying on other people like the police to get round to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (50)
60.24%
No (17)
20.48%
Not sure (16)
19.28%

Watched Threads