The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Like nearly 2 hours with crappy straighteners. And even then its starts kinking slightly.=[
Reply 41
*theKid*
Like nearly 2 hours with crappy straighteners. And even then its starts kinking slightly.=[

Buy GHD's and you'll never have that problem.. and it'll save you half of the time... expensive but so so so worth it:biggrin: :biggrin:
Got the tip of my ear clamped in between my straighteners, ouch
Reply 43
Alison267
Buy GHD's and you'll never have that problem.. and it'll save you half of the time... expensive but so so so worth it:biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol yeah, I think I should.:yep:
^^
:biggrin:
Takes about 10 mins to dry it, and if i'm going to straighten it properly about an other 15 minutes for that, but sometimes i just do a half-arsed 5 mins attempt and it still looks straight (just not poker-gleamy-straight).
Reply 45
15 mins to blow dry
30 mins to straighten
My hair has never seen straighteners, except perhaps at the hairdressers. In fact, my hair is lucky to see a hairdryer.
Origami Bullets
My hair has never seen straighteners, except perhaps at the hairdressers. In fact, my hair is lucky to see a hairdryer.

:ditto: :woo:
soz i did the poll before i read the things, from blow-dry to straighten around 1 1/2 hours, i have long thick hair though
I leave mine to dry naturally so I'm not counting that time...it would be 3 or 4 hours.

about 20/25 minutes to straighten, although should be less now since it's only shoulder length and I just got it thinned out a LOT.
bout 5 minutes to blow dry and 5 minutes to straighten :p:
probably around an hour. i have quite thick and naturally wavy hair so it does take a while :frown:
Tufts
Tying it up takes 30mins??

Well if im noy really going anywhere important, it takes me 30 minutes to straighten my hair to a half decent level, then ill just tie it back.
if im going out in the night or something and wearing my hair down, it takes far longer!

i could never ever wash my hair, blow dry it, and just tie it back- its so so so so thick, wavy and frizzy. i'd look like an idiot to be honest, lol.
Used to take about 10 minutes to dry and then depending on how much effort I was putting in to straighten anything between 5-15 minutes. I've stopped blow drying and straightening though. Had far too many split ends after getting a new haircut and straightening all the time so now I just let it dry naturally and then sort out any bits that look awful. I really put no effort into hair though as i just can't do it well anyway.

I don't like the super straight look anyway. Much prefer my hair to look more natural. Use the straightners to sort out the front bits that curl in and do stupid things.
about 20 minutes to dry and 5 minutes to straightennnn

:smile:

but it isnt that long or thick to be fair lol
Reply 55
5 minutes. :biggrin:
My hair is the straightest thing you've ever seen, so, 0minutes, because I've never straightened it.
Reply 57
Takes about 5-10minutes to dry it, then another 10 minutes to straighten it, so about 20 minutes in total, which I think is good considering I have long hair. Guess it helps that my dad is a hairdresser so i've picked up the tricks of the trade, and my straightners are awesome! I love them! :smile:
Reply 58
20-30 mins, but I just rough dry then straighten. Can't be bothered to faff about...
Reply 59
About 5-10 minutes tops!

Latest

Trending

Trending