Going back to old course & student finance

Watch
1920kvn
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I have been studying at Northumbria University since 2018, where I've started Computer Science course which first year I have passed in 2019. Because of my mental health & adult ADHD that I was struggling with, I was down low that I won't be able to pass the next year (bad memory, can't focus on anything which is important in Computer Science), I've changed my course to Graphic Design which was my hobby. Unfortunately, the course that I am studying has been completely something different that I was thinking, what made me fail the first semester and now struggling in the second one (the program is very badly constructed what made many people drop out throughout the year).

My question is:

If I have passed the first year of the Computer Science course in 2018, can I go back and change the course from Graphic Design to second year of Computer Science at the same university and still get all the tuition fees loan and maintenance loan that will able me to finish the course?

Thank you very much in advance.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1920kvn)
Hi,

I have been studying at Northumbria University since 2018, where I've started Computer Science course which first year I have passed in 2019. Because of my mental health & adult ADHD that I was struggling with, I was down low that I won't be able to pass the next year (bad memory, can't focus on anything which is important in Computer Science), I've changed my course to Graphic Design which was my hobby. Unfortunately, the course that I am studying has been completely something different that I was thinking, what made me fail the first semester and now struggling in the second one (the program is very badly constructed what made many people drop out throughout the year).

My question is:

If I have passed the first year of the Computer Science course in 2018, can I go back and change the course from Graphic Design to second year of Computer Science at the same university and still get all the tuition fees loan and maintenance loan that will able me to finish the course?

Hello

This will be down to the university's discretion. If you get in touch with themselves they may be able to shed some light on this.

Regarding funding this should not be an issue so long as you are not having to repeat the first year again.

Best of luck!

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1920kvn)
Hi,

My question is:

Regarding your move, this is a question that only Northumbria can answer. Regarding finance, you get a gift year which was used up when you changed to Graphic Design, so as long as you can enter into Year 2, you will still be able to fund your whole course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (341)
34.8%
No (639)
65.2%

Watched Threads