swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by RajanSRana)
Perhaps though I am unsure. I achieved 99988877776 in GCSE for reference. I think maybe it was my A-Level in Business.
I doubt that as you have Maths A level and that is the key subject for Computer Science. Many universities include business as one of their referred subjects and those that dont accept it as a 3rd subject alongside 2 of their preferred sunbject. The only issue normally with Business is that universities wont accept it along with Economics as they are too similar. What is your other A level subject and what grade were your GCSE grades in Maths and English. I think there has been a bit of a spike in Computer Science applications which might have caused you some problems.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I applied to Cambridge, Durham, Warwick, Imperial and St Andrew's. Lowest standard offer was AAA and others were A* AA or A*A*A. I did ask for feedback but it was vague and just mentioned high competition.
Perhaps though I am unsure. I achieved 99988877776 in GCSE for reference. I think maybe it was my A-Level in Business.
I'm a little surprised that you didn't get any offers, or decent feedback. I would have expected one from Warwick, the others being more of a lottery. Further Maths is strongly recommended at the Oxbridge / Imperial level - do you have that?
RajanSRana
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I doubt that as you have Maths A level and that is the key subject for Computer Science. Many universities include business as one of their referred subjects and those that dont accept it as a 3rd subject alongside 2 of their preferred sunbject. The only issue normally with Business is that universities wont accept it along with Economics as they are too similar. What is your other A level subject and what grade were your GCSE grades in Maths and English. I think there has been a bit of a spike in Computer Science applications which might have caused you some problems.
I got 7s in english, an A in further maths, 8 in maths and 9 in computer science for GCSE. I take Maths, Computer Science, Business, EPQ, AEA and AS Further Maths.
RajanSRana
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
I'm a little surprised that you didn't get any offers, or decent feedback. I would have expected one from Warwick, the others being more of a lottery. Further Maths is strongly recommended at the Oxbridge / Imperial level - do you have that?
Unfortunately not, I only do AS Further Maths.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Unfortunately not, I only do AS Further Maths.
IMO, that's the most likely issue for the more competitive universities. Whilst Business may be accepted, I'd take someone with, say, Physics, over it. Sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads