roadtollb
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
does homework count?? tad bit worried rn coz i slack so much on homework, but revise intensely for tests and mocks. i got an a* in our U6 mocks but homework’s terrible - how big of a % will that count towards?
Rover5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No-one knows yet as the guidance isn't out yet. Is your school setting online assignments or using remote learning. If so smash it between now and when they need to submit. Also handy if you want to appeal
saltytablet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rover5)
No-one knows yet as the guidance isn't out yet. Is your school setting online assignments or using remote learning. If so smash it between now and when they need to submit. Also handy if you want to appeal
Don't reckon this'll count for anything at all if appealed, anyone can do homework to an A* level standard, and it's easy to just copy work and pass it off as your own. Similarly some colleges have very high grade boundaries unrealistic to the actual exams, making it seem like students received lower grades on mocks than they actually would have if it were an actual test. I have no idea how they're going to guideline the marking procedure but it'd better be good because if not it's going to lead to a lot of rejections from uni's
roadtollb
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by saltytablet)
Don't reckon this'll count for anything at all if appealed, anyone can do homework to an A* level standard, and it's easy to just copy work and pass it off as your own. Similarly some colleges have very high grade boundaries unrealistic to the actual exams, making it seem like students received lower grades on mocks than they actually would have if it were an actual test. I have no idea how they're going to guideline the marking procedure but it'd better be good because if not it's going to lead to a lot of rejections from uni's
right that’s what i was thinking. our hoemwork are all past paper qs and numerous ppl just look it up and get full marks for homework whereas i prefer to NOT.
would it impact my grades ???
saltytablet
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I don’t think you should sweat it that much mate
If you’ve been doing great all year and have achieved A*’s in your mocks i reckon you’ll be fine. And personally I don’t think doing homework NOW will impact anything at all. Similarly though, my college haven’t set ANY work, and my teachers have emailed me back when I asked whether I need to send in the homework even though there are no exams, and they’ve said I don’t have to unless I wanted to do so.

My concern about this system is, how are they going to take into account progression, for example, I achieved a C in my mock last year, but this year I got an A*. Now, would it AVERAGE that, or just give me the upper bound of the grades I’ve achieved?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.3%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.54%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (49)
28.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise