My three week lock down challenge

Watch
SilenceOfTheLamb
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So, for my three week lock down challenge I am challenging myself to get my fitness back to what it was prior to my knee injury, which was being able to run for a total of 13 miles without stopping and to do it in a time of around 1:50, roughly 8:30 minutes per mile. I can currently run for 5 miles at that speed before I have to stop so it'll be quite a challenge.

This challenge will be getting me ready for my first half marathon which I am aiming to finish in 1:30 which has been postponed to August at the very earliest. I will be posting my running results below at further dates.
QueenBri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by SilenceOfTheLamb)
So, for my three week lock down challenge I am challenging myself to get my fitness back to what it was prior to my knee injury, which was being able to run for a total of 13 miles without stopping and to do it in a time of around 1:50, roughly 8:30 minutes per mile. I can currently run for 5 miles at that speed before I have to stop so it'll be quite a challenge.

This challenge will be getting me ready for my first half marathon which I am aiming to finish in 1:30 which has been postponed to August at the very earliest. I will be posting my running results below at further dates.
That sounds good! At least you’re keeping yourself busy during lockdown
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
(Original post by QueenBri)
That sounds good! At least you’re keeping yourself busy during lockdown
Yeah I am joining my areas local running club when this is over so I want to be decent for it
ayb11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Good luck!
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
Day one is under way.

I am currently getting ready for my morning run, I was to do it with a friend but she isn't responding.

My aim is to run 10 miles/ 16km within a time of 1:30 to - 1:40. Back in my fitter days the fastest I got for 16km was 1:20 but that isn't me currently, so anything under 1:40 I'll be happy with.

I'll be posting my run regardless of if I succeed or fail. Note, I do have a bad leg so if it's one of those days where I have to stop after a couple of miles because of my leg hurting too much and not wanting to risk injury then I won't bother posting and you will know why.

Wish me luck.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago

Good luck, go easy on yourself
SilenceOfTheLamb
Rep:
?
So I failed my run ): It was just too hot out, I gave up after 10km. However, I was smashing it time wise, running each mile faster by 30 seconds. I really want to see if I can hang on in there for the remaining 6km when it isn't such crappy weather for running. But yeah, putting excuses aside the result is I failed.

Name:  90824954_2626849987585479_8143109284268343296_n.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  53.8 KB

I'm going to stick at 8 minutes per mile and soon drop to 7:30 when I am fit enough to. If I had kept on going today and kept at my speed I would have crossed the planned 16km mark at 1:20, a much faster speed then the 1:30 - 1:40 I aimed for.

I am going to go for a light jog later to shake things off and then get back on my A game tomorrow, my plan will be to run a slow 16km and not worry about my time, a slow and stress less run just to prove to myself I can run 16km. But from then on I am keeping at 8 mins per mile.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
So I failed my run ): It was just too hot out, I gave up after 10km. However, I was smashing it time wise, running each mile faster by 30 seconds. I really want to see if I can hang on in there for the remaining 6km when it isn't such crappy weather for running. But yeah, putting excuses aside the result is I failed.

I'm going to stick at 8 minutes per mile and soon drop to 7:30 when I am fit enough to. If I had kept on going today and kept at my speed I would have crossed the planned 16km mark at 1:20, a much faster speed then the 1:30 - 1:40 I aimed for.

I am going to go for a light jog later to shake things off and then get back on my A game tomorrow, my plan will be to run a slow 16km and not worry about my time, a slow and stress less run just to prove to myself I can run 16km. But from then on I am keeping at 8 mins per mile.
tbf I failed at doing the 1h of exercise from Monday - Thursday so u know, life happens
U got this! Hopefully you will smash it next time:rave:
Rooting for you yay! :ahee:
TortoiseSheldon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 minutes ago

This is still pretty awesome and a really good time, how has your running been going? Getting any closer to your 13 mile target?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (252)
60.72%
No (84)
20.24%
Not sure (79)
19.04%

Watched Threads